I think I got scammed.....

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I took a couple of the stamps to the local Post Office this morning.

Person at the window has been with USPS for years. Told her I bought them online, and heard fakes were a common concern.

Not a detailed forensic investigation, but she looked them over closely and said they're real. She seemed definitive in her assessment.

She also said they're her least favorite US Flag Forever stamps. She thought they're ugly compared to others.
All's well that ends well. Just think of all the money you saved :cool:

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
This morning I was rummaging through Facebook Marketplace, and see a lot of people selling the stamps. I was thinking that if counterfeits were that much of a problem for the USPS, that they would be going after all these sellers. I remember when I had my stamp collection of hundreds of US stamps that were never used, and I decided to see what they were worth, only to realize that I couldn't get close to face value for them. I had full sheets and blocks of 4. I just used them for postage, and some envelopes had a lot of 1 cent stamps plastered in the corner. Back then postage was only about 10 cents, but it took me a long time to use them up. That was more than 50 years ago!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Person at the window has been with USPS for years. Told her I bought them online, and heard fakes were a common concern.

Not a detailed forensic investigation, but she looked them over closely and said they're real. She seemed definitive in her assessment.

She also said they're her least favorite US Flag Forever stamps. She thought they're ugly compared to others.
Who on OTT really believes that just ANY postal clerk is an expert on counterfeit stamps?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan - - that was your original prediction.

It may very well be true to your prediction. They certainly look legit. I'll try to confirm their authenticity.

Instead of saying I'm no expert, I wanted to say I'm no philatelist.... :unsure:

I didn't want to get banned for bad words....😲

30 years ago, a coworker was dealing with his/our supervisors....in the conversation, he said "that will only exacerbate the situation."

His supervisor hollered "HEY, we don't talk like that here!!!":oops:
Send them out for spectral analyisis and tell them to be on the lookout for bamboo fibers in the paper .

I think this whole thread has gone LoonyTunes which sadly seems to be the norm today.

Dan

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Well, I was ballsy enough to use two of those stamps on mail this morning.

If the national news leads with a story of a Kubota tractor owner in NYS being arrested for $1.16 worth of mail fraud, you’ll know it didn’t go well…..;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

If the national news leads with a story of a Kubota tractor owner in NYS being arrested for $1.16 worth of mail fraud, you’ll know it didn’t go well…..;)
If you need a place to hide that tractor before they start seizing your assets just send me a PM 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

I agree with her, those were ones when offered to me I would take something different. But my favorite was the bell one.

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

Stranger things have happened. Be sure not to mention this thread if things go wrong. Might be detrimental...

My wife is a green card holder. She occasionally over the years put a stamp on an envelope that she did not send. So she took it off and planned on reusing it. Probably no legal issue, but I always threw them away.

Too risky, if it was determined she was using a already used stamp that was removed from an envelope. She could be deported for doing something she actually did not do, since the stamp was never used to begin with, but was on an envelope.

I guess I distrust our system a little...but over the years have read a number of crazy cases where things that should not have happened to begin with, did...and became bad experiences for the innocent parties.

I still think it would be fun if you sent a stamp to the authorities, as dustyrusty suggested, just to see if they are authentic or not.

If you were local to me I'd even provide a legitimate stamp for the envelope!

You probably will not be caught in any case...LOL

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If you need a place to hide that tractor before they start seizing your assets just send me a PM 🤣
I agree with her, those were ones when offered to me I would take something different. But my favorite was the bell one.

Bill
Ford - - appreciate the offer, but Chanceywd AKA Bill is 30 minutes away into my old stompin' grounds....

I could almost get there via dirt roads.... ;)

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Ford - - appreciate the offer, but Chanceywd AKA Bill is 30 minutes away into my old stompin' grounds....

I could almost get there via dirt roads.... ;)
Yeah I take in strays! Chanceywd was a German Shorthaired Pointer. I rescued him and he got named Chancey White Dog as he was liver and mostly white and Chancey because he got another chance. So I have the expirience and could do a rescue on something orange!

Bill

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Assuming that the stamp police could get you convicted in a court of law, please tell us the location of your local federal hoosegow.
Some of us might be close enough to pay a visit.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I will buy the hack saw blade, and if someone else is willing to bake you a cake, we can send it to you through the mail with stamps that we purchased online at a discount.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
RCW, request Angola! I got you brother, I know a few people 🤣

edit: scratch Angola, Pollock or Oakdale… still got ya 😂

Last edited:

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
RC, I think the angst and lost sleep you've suffered weren't worth the $ you saved :) .
(and my few friends call me cheap). But it has been entertaining.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
2+ years later, I needed postage stamps.

I bought them at the US Post Office!!!!! :) ;)

I was never so friggin happy to pay for a roll of stamps….:oops:

FREEDOM. 😉

Prisoner #BR549
Leavenworth
867-five-three- oh- nine (ask for Jenny)

IMG_6838.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Good to know that you are where you belong, you dirty criminal!

• Haha

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Deleted - messed up my edit.

• Haha