Parking brake not releasing.

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
I have like 22 hours on my 3302 and the last few times out when I went to release the parking brake it wouldn't release. Any ideas anyone???

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
I have a little different 3301 so no first hand experience with your model but have you tried pressing the 2 brake pedals to release latch pressure?

UnEasyRider

Equipment
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
I have a little different 3301 so no first hand experience with your model but have you tried pressing the 2 brake pedals to release latch pressure?
Yes. Dealer told me this morning to stomp on the pedals for release. We will see how that goes…lol

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If yours is like mine….. you set the brake by stepping on the brake and raising a lever.

That lever operates a “ratchet”….a multi-toothed edge which holds the pedal in the depressed position.

The lever cannot be easily lowered because the pedal-to-ratched surfaces are engaged with those teeth.…. A greater effort depressing the brake pedal than when setting the brake… is required to release that locking-lever.

Yes… STOMP on the pedal. (and it will Help if you pull up on the lever as you step on the pedal to relieve that engagement-force….. pressing down on the pedal and HOLDing the pedal down…while pulling up on the lever and then releasing the lever…. will probably be successful.

It’s a “technique”…. more than a procedure.

Reactions: 1 user

UnEasyRider

Equipment
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
If yours is like mine….. you set the brake by stepping on the brake and raising a lever.

That lever operates a “ratchet”….a multi-toothed edge which holds the pedal in the depressed position.

The lever cannot be easily lowered because the pedal-to-ratched surfaces are engaged with those teeth.…. A greater effort depressing the brake pedal than when setting the brake… is required to release that locking-lever.

Yes… STOMP on the pedal. (and it will Help if you pull up on the lever as you step on the pedal to relieve that engagement-force….. pressing down on the pedal and HOLDing the pedal down…while pulling up on the lever and then releasing the lever…. will probably be successful.

It’s a “technique”…. more than a procedure.
Thank you…will be trying that one. 👍

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
lol. The stomp method was what we used on the old 8N as well. 75 years later and it’s still the same. Actually, I suspect firm pressure applied to the brakes while the brake pedals are locked and pushing on the release lever will work fine as well.

Reactions: 1 user