MX1800 Knob Removal

Dbuser2

Equipment
Kubota L225, Woods RM59-3, Howse bush hog, Sunburst box blade
Sep 11, 2023
Arkansas
I recently bought a MX1800. Mechanically ok, but had electrical issues. Got most of them all worked out thanks to the help of the service manual. Looks like I have an issue that points to the fuel level sensor. Got to remove a lot of stuff to remove it from the fuel tank. Question, the manual just says to remove the "lowering speed adjusting knob" and the "cutting height adjusting dial knob." I didn't find anything that eluded to how to remove them. I don't find a set screw or anyting else to release it and I've tried just unscrewing it to no avail. I'm trying to remove them without breaking anything. Anyone have any experience of removeing them?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Um I think you need to go look at the hood again... :cautious:
Kubota numbers mean HP
And I'm 1000% sure Kubota never made an MX with 18 HP 😲
So to sum it Kubota never made a MX1800 or a MX8100 so I'm at a loss of what tractor your actually working on??? :unsure:
Maybe a BX1800, that would be 18HP and a whole lot smaller than a MX!! ;)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
J30100.png

If #200 is the knob in question, #140 is a roll pin. The knob has internal grooves that 'lock' onto the ends of the roll pin.You should be able to turn the knob all the way,lightly snug it, then back off the knob 90*, then pull on it to remove. Be gentle or it'll cost you $10 for a new knob......BTDT

Dbuser2

Equipment
Kubota L225, Woods RM59-3, Howse bush hog, Sunburst box blade
Sep 11, 2023
Arkansas
View attachment 114668
If #200 is the knob in question, #140 is a roll pin. The knob has internal grooves that 'lock' onto the ends of the roll pin.You should be able to turn the knob all the way,lightly snug it, then back off the knob 90*, then pull on it to remove. Be gentle or it'll cost you $10 for a new knob......BTDT
I recently bought a MX1800. Mechanically ok, but had electrical issues. Got most of them all worked out thanks to the help of the service manual. Looks like I have an issue that points to the fuel level sensor. Got to remove a lot of stuff to remove it from the fuel tank. Question, the manual just says to remove the "lowering speed adjusting knob" and the "cutting height adjusting dial knob." I didn't find anything that eluded to how to remove them. I don't find a set screw or anyting else to release it and I've tried just unscrewing it to no avail. I'm trying to remove them without breaking anything. Anyone have any experience of removeing them?
Thanks for the replies. sorry about the "MX1800" it is BX1800. Keyboard fat fingers, fingers dyslysic and they sometimes talk with a lisp. Thanks for the drawing. I take it you mean to turn it clockwise or counterclockwise then back off 90 degrees on #200. I also just found this thread on the forum. Couldn't find it before. Just had to refine and expand the searches. The roll pin on one knob and looks like the other either has the pin or screws off. I just may have to unscrew a little harder. Ever notice how screwing is easier than unscrewing? Nuts, bolts and such. https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...height-adjustment-knob-from-bx-tractor.40486/