Needing a WSM for a L225.

Dbuser2

Equipment
Kubota L225, Woods RM59-3, Howse bush hog, Sunburst box blade
Sep 11, 2023
Arkansas
Serial # 14061. Been "told" this was a 1981 based on 5 digit serial number. Not sure if this is because of the first digit or last digit. Not sure what the rest of the numbers mean. I've looked on this site and found serial numbers charts for other later models but not earlier. Just that it is based on 5 to 6 digit serial numbers for the year and month. Since I'm needing a workshop manual, mechanical and electrical, I went to the site, https://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Engines/ and I don't think any of these are the correct ones for the D100A engine for my year. Can't quite tell. If theses are not the ones, can I be directed to find one that is if it exists? Have gone to other sites on the internet and my browser pops up virus threat. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Serial # 14061. Been "told" this was a 1981 based on 5 digit serial number. Not sure if this is because of the first digit or last digit. Not sure what the rest of the numbers mean. I've looked on this site and found serial numbers charts for other later models but not earlier. Just that it is based on 5 to 6 digit serial numbers for the year and month. Since I'm needing a workshop manual, mechanical and electrical, I went to the site, https://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Engines/ and I don't think any of these are the correct ones for the D100A engine for my year. Can't quite tell. If theses are not the ones, can I be directed to find one that is if it exists? Have gone to other sites on the internet and my browser pops up virus threat. Appreciate any help. Thanks.
So to start off with, there is zero correlation to the serial number and the year of the tractor.

And that model was not made in 81 they were made 74 to 76.

Kubota books does have the WSM (aka service manual), it's not in engines it's in owners manuals like Imnukensc pointed out.

If you ask a specific question about what your tying to do, you should get answers to help, or to point you in the right direction.

Dbuser2

Equipment
Kubota L225, Woods RM59-3, Howse bush hog, Sunburst box blade
Sep 11, 2023
Arkansas
So to start off with, there is zero correlation to the serial number and the year of the tractor.

And that model was not made in 81 they were made 74 to 76.

Kubota books does have the WSM (aka service manual), it's not in engines it's in owners manuals like Imnukensc pointed out.

If you ask a specific question about what your tying to do, you should get answers to help, or to point you in the right direction.
Thanks. I've had the tractor for 20 years. Back when I bought it, in the early days of the internet, there was a list someone had posted with serial number ranges and years for the L225. it may have also inadvertedly and incorrectly included later years of similar models. I did see on the internet where the L225 was produced for the 3 years. The reason I was wanting WSM specifically was concerning the oil pressure arm shaft. One end had a few partially stripped teeth on it and the one arm from the lift arm not being tight, I suppose. I tried to take the lift arm off and move it back in the proper place with the shaft pushed all the out from the other side thinking it would hold better and tighten down real tight. But it did it again. Didn't strip any more. I just tighten it up as tight as I could get it and leave it. Its hard to imagine Kubota mechanics back then just using the exploded IPL lists of the tractor in the owners manual to work on the tractors. I have a pdf copy of the original owners manual that belonged to my father to the L225 he purchased in the spring of 75. Just from the diagram looks like the fenders (not shown) come off and the lift arms, then bang the shaft out one end and a new one back through. WSMs would not only tell me the removal steps but what torque to tighten the bolts. I appreciate the response.