Kubota LA481 Loader....I cannot find the replacement parts for it

debbieloveskenneth@gmail.

Equipment
Kubota L3300 with LA481 Loader
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
Most of the websites were out or on back order or super pricey so I ordered these today. They came from ebay but Summit is the ebay page. I called Summit and they verified they will fit my tractor. The only other thing that I might need are adapters he said to fit my hoses. Does anyone happen to know the name of the adapters?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Most of the websites were out or on back order or super pricey so I ordered these today. They came from ebay but Summit is the ebay page. I called Summit and they verified they will fit my tractor. The only other thing that I might need are adapters he said to fit my hoses. Does anyone happen to know the name of the adapters?
SAE ORB to male JIC port adapters.

You already have some in the old valve. They may or may not match up with the ports in your new valve.

Dan

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The adapters are just generally called adapter fittings that will adapt the hose end to the valve port (Threaded opening usually)

The rest of this is assuming you have little background in hydraulic terminology so probably couled be considered condescending or mansplaning so I apologize in advance! I just got the impression that you are struggling with all data coming to you.

When the valve arrives you will need to figure out what the port size and threads are. You can probably get Summit to tell you what the valve has by the complete model number. You can also take the valve to a hydraulic shop and they will be able to get a fitting that fits into the valve.

Then the question will be what the other side of the fitting needs to be for the hose to connect to. You can take one hose off the tractor and take that with you to the hydraulic shop also.

Or you can remove a fitting from the existing valve and see if it fits into the new valve. You can reuse the fittings if you want but new fittings are a bit less likely to leak. The old fitting could have some damage to the threads or sealing surface.

As @TheOldHokie stated the valve should have some type of Oring Boss Boss (ORB) that the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). wrote a standard to control the size and shape of the threads and seal with a rubber washer or oring.

The Joint Industry Committee (not Industrial council!) is also a type of sealing threads that are generally used for hydraulic hoses since they seal well and the nut can be rotated without having the hose rotate.

Here is a site that shows a lot of information on fittings and adapters

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The adapters are just generally called adapter fittings that will adapt the hose end to the valve port (Threaded opening usually)

The rest of this is assuming you have little background in hydraulic terminology so probably couled be considered condescending or mansplaning so I apologize in advance! I just got the impression that you are struggling with all data coming to you.

When the valve arrives you will need to figure out what the port size and threads are. You can probably get Summit to tell you what the valve has by the complete model number. You can also take the valve to a hydraulic shop and they will be able to get a fitting that fits into the valve.

Then the question will be what the other side of the fitting needs to be for the hose to connect to. You can take one hose off the tractor and take that with you to the hydraulic shop also.

Or you can remove a fitting from the existing valve and see if it fits into the new valve. You can reuse the fittings if you want but new fittings are a bit less likely to leak. The old fitting could have some damage to the threads or sealing surface.

As @TheOldHokie stated the valve should have some type of Oring Boss Boss (ORB) that the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). wrote a standard to control the size and shape of the threads and seal with a rubber washer or oring.

The Joint Industry Committee (not Industrial council!) is also a type of sealing threads that are generally used for hydraulic hoses since they seal well and the nut can be rotated without having the hose rotate.

Here is a site that shows a lot of information on fittings and adapters
The new valve is a known:
  • Workports (4) - SAE 8
  • Inlet and and tank - SAE 10
  • Power beyond- SAE 8
The unknowns are the hoses and angles. Kubota',s standard practice is 3/8" hose with JIC 8 female swivel ends so thats my assumption. Pictures show the workport hoses with straight ends so thats four of these adapters:

The inlet ports are top and side as are tank and power beyond. The LA481 parts diagram shows pump and tank hoses with a straight female swivel so that's two 6801-08-10 elbows:

Finally the parts diagram shows power beyond hose has a short drop 90 degree female swivel so that's one 6400-08-10 straight adapter.

That is an exact match of the plumbing on my LA525 so I am pretty confident in that list. SAE and JIC fittings are intended for reuse.so no need to replace the old fittings if they are the correct size and geometry. Take the old fittings out and measure them. Thread size for SAE and JIC 8 is 3/4". SAE and JIC 10 is 7/8". Reuse anything that matches. These are common fittings so any additional fittings should be available locally but probably 3X or more the price of buying online.

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well there's 16 possible combinations BUT assuming you keep both hose of one cylinder together as a pair, you'll just have 'reverse' operations....
ie: up is down and down is up.....

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
What's the worst that will happen if we mix up the hoses?
The absolute worst would be to deadhead the pump and crack the pump case.

If you can just mark them as you take them off the valve.

If you have confusion then take pictures and ask questions. Getting past the worst possible outcome is just getting two hoses hooked to the valve and tractor correctly.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
If you can just mark them as you take them off the valve.
That assumes they a're correct as is and you can identify which ports on the new valve correspond to the ports on the old valve. The new valve is not the same as the old valve and the ports are in different locations.

On that tractor the pump is protected by a relief valve in the hydraulic outlet block. You can't deadhead it.

There are only three hoses that matter and its easy to identify which goes.where. All the PO needs to do is ask for help, provide good pictures and listen to the answers.

Assume nothing. Start by tracing and labeling the three hoses coming from the outlet block. Do it end to end starting at the outlet block and follow each hose all the way to the valve.

Dan

Last edited:

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
I had all of these labeled with a black permanent marker several times on each hose. As soon as the hydraulic oil hit it, all of the marker faded off. He swears that he's doing it right but I've uploaded pictures of the diagram that we took before on the old one and also the new one and I'm scared we're messing up. He's helped someone fix a tractor before and thinks this is how it goes but I'm not so sure. I will say that we did buy the adapter sleeve and it for sure goes on the side according to the paperwork on the new system. That's all that I'm sure about since the marker faded off. In the pictures is the old unit and a diagram on the paper of the new unit and also a diagram on paper of how the old unit went before we took everything apart.

Attachments

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
I had all of these labeled with a black permanent marker several times on each hose. As soon as the hydraulic oil hit it, all of the marker faded off. He swears that he's doing it right but I've uploaded pictures of the diagram that we took before on the old one and also the new one and I'm scared we're messing up. He's helped someone fix a tractor before and thinks this is how it goes but I'm not so sure. I will say that we did buy the adapter sleeve and it for sure goes on the side according to the paperwork on the new system. That's all that I'm sure about since the marker faded off. In the pictures is the old unit and a diagram on the paper of the new unit and also a diagram on paper of how the old unit went before we took everything apart.
A bunch of the pictures were rejected because there's a limit of 10 pictures so I'm adding some more pictures here.. like I stated above, the writing on the paper is how the old diagram went.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A bunch of the pictures were rejected because there's a limit of 10 pictures so I'm adding some more pictures here.. like I stated above, the writing on the paper is how the old diagram went.
Stop making notes on the loader and label your hoses.

You are making this way too complicated. Here is a picture of the hydraulic outlet block on the side of your tractor. I have labeled three ports. Starting at that block follow each hose up to the other end and LABEL THE HOSES on the valve end exactly as I have labeled the ports in the picture. Once you have that done take one picture showing the labled hoses and come back for how to connect them to the new valve.

Dan

Untitled.png

Reactions: 1 users