Kubota LA481 Loader....I cannot find the replacement parts for it

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you so much. My honey says he can put it in but he can't pick out the right part.
For an LA481 loader:

This valve with the float option:

This power beyond sleeve which goes in the N port of the valve.

Remove the old valve, bolt the new one on, hook up the hoses, and you are in business. Is your honey confident he understands which hoses go where?

Dan

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Dan the detailed information you accurately provide is beyond trying to put a value on it. It's just not available, even going into a hydraulic store! I think everyone on this forum appreciates your help, even if we think we don't need it it will be a help at some time. You're a blessing!!

I hope the original poster keeps us updated on the outcome of their work,

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan the detailed information you accurately provide is beyond trying to put a value on it. It's just not available, even going into a hydraulic store! I think everyone on this forum appreciates your help, even if we think we don't need it it will be a help at some time. You're a blessing!!

I hope the original poster keeps us updated on the outcome of their work,
Thanks but you got to keep me honest. Sometimes I get things confused like in this thread where I looked up hydraulic flow for a M9000 that was the topic in a different thread. This young lady has an L3300 :mad:

I will blame the lapses on old age and oxygen deprivation....

Dan

debbieloveskenneth@gmail.

Equipment
Kubota L3300 with LA481 Loader
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
For an LA481 loader:

This valve with the float option:

This power beyond sleeve which goes in the N port of the valve.

Remove the old valve, bolt the new one on, hook up the hoses, and you are in business. Is your honey confident he understands which hoses go where?

Dan
He's not super confident but he works on his Jeep all the time and he says that he can do it. We were talking about marking the old hoses with a crayon or marker...would that help?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
He's not super confident but he works on his Jeep all the time and he says that he can do it. We were talking about marking the old hoses with a crayon or marker...would that help?
By all means mark them but the part locations on the two valves are likely different. Four hoses going to cylinders are clear enough but he needs to identify and label:

1. Pump supply hose - goes to P port on new valve
  2. Tank return hose - goes to T port on new valve
  3. Power beyond hose - goes to power beyond sleeve in N port of new valve.
New valve has two P ports and two T ports. You can use whichever one is more convenient and install a steel plug in the unused one. The plastic plugs are just for shipping.

Dan

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
By all means mark them but the part locations on the two valves are likely different. Four hoses going to cylinders are clear enough but he needs to identify and label:

1. Pump supply hose - goes to P port on new valve
  2. Tank return hose - goes to T port on new valve
  3. Power beyond hose - goes to power beyond sleeve in N port of new valve.
New valve has two P ports and two T ports. You can use whichever one is more convenient and install a steel plug in the unused one. The plastic plugs are just for shipping.

Dan
I will tell him...thank you so much.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
ok. As long as you guys are sure, I'm ordering it today or tomorrow. Thank you so much for your help.
I am confident. Enough so that if you get it and for some reason it wont workl I will buy it from you.

I think those are on backorder so might want to check availability with Summit.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hydraulic Directional Control Valve Loader, Joystick, 2 Spool (summit-hydraulics.com)

I think this is the one you are telling me to get and it's on backorder...no given date when it will be in so I have to find something different
The less expensive valves you found are basically clones and may be fine but:
  1. Those sellers are clueless about the product and the descriptions are incomplete
  2. The valves are of dubious origin
  3. Some if them do not have float
  4. None of them offer a power beyond aleeve.
  5. Some (all ???) of those valves have European ports that will require adapters which may well add substantially to the final cost.
All that said they are very cheap so you aren't risking much. If you can get one with float Summits power beyond sleeve will probably work in it. . If eveything works well you win - if not you don't lose much.

How bad is your leak? So bad you can't live with it for a while?

Dan

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas
It's pouring out when the tractor is on...I can't use the tractor at all. Summit it on back order...so is the other place that you mentioned. It doesn't give the date for the back order (or I don't know how to find it if it does. Tractor Supply does not appear to have it so I am have to find one on either ebay or Amazon. If you don't think these are not good quality, then please lead me to one of good quality. Thank you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It's pouring out when the tractor is on...I can't use the tractor at all. Summit it on back order...so is the other place that you mentioned. It doesn't give the date for the back order (or I don't know how to find it if it does. Tractor Supply does not appear to have it so I am have to find one on either ebay or Amazon. If you don't think these are not good quality, then please lead me to one of good quality. Thank you.
Here you go, probably the same valve, blt more money and you pay shipping.

I think this is a better choice - from a quality OEM and the power beyond plug is included.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Are you sure its the valve that's leaking. It would be unusual for a valve to leak like that. Any chance one of the hoses is bad or perhaps somebody damaged an oring on one of the fittings when you were working on it? That the sort of thing that pours.

Equipment
Sep 18, 2023
Little Rock, Arkansas