M9000DTM hydraulic help

Atlas1

Equipment
M9000 DTM
Sep 18, 2023
MA
Hey all-

M9000DTM (4wd, mudder, ROPS).
Individual flow hydraulic pump (twin pumps for 3pth and remotes, single pump for steering)
3 remote valves

3pth had been bouncing/leaking down occasionally. Tried lots of different fixes, nothing worked. Noticed the hydraulic pump was getting hot. Tore down pump to find melted o-rings. Replaced/resealed pump. No change in 3pth bounce. Decided to replace control valve under the rockshaft cover. Resealed lift cylinder while I was in there. This fixed the bounce and leakdown, but the pump is still running hotter than I think it should be. Just sitting in the yard running at PTO speed, after an hour or so, the pump reads 150-155 degrees. I have seen it get to 175 degrees while driving on the road.

Any ideas on whats happening here? Am I right to think its running too hot, or am I crazy? Thanks guys.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
There will be a feedback rod connected to one of the 3 pt lift arms and at the other end connected to the 3 pt control valve. it purpose is to not allow the 3 pt to stay constantly calling for hydraulic pressure. If it is not adjusted properly the pump will he hitting the relief valve and over time heating the hydraulic fluid too high.
forum M9000 feedback rod.jpg

forum M9000 feedback linkage.jpg

Dave

Last edited:

Atlas1

Equipment
M9000 DTM
Sep 18, 2023
MA
That’s good info Dave, thank you. Wouldn’t I hear the relief valve hitting though or am I overthinking this?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey all-

M9000DTM (4wd, mudder, ROPS).
Individual flow hydraulic pump (twin pumps for 3pth and remotes, single pump for steering)
3 remote valves

3pth had been bouncing/leaking down occasionally. Tried lots of different fixes, nothing worked. Noticed the hydraulic pump was getting hot. Tore down pump to find melted o-rings. Replaced/resealed pump. No change in 3pth bounce. Decided to replace control valve under the rockshaft cover. Resealed lift cylinder while I was in there. This fixed the bounce and leakdown, but the pump is still running hotter than I think it should be. Just sitting in the yard running at PTO speed, after an hour or so, the pump reads 150-155 degrees. I have seen it get to 175 degrees while driving on the road.

Any ideas on whats happening here? Am I right to think its running too hot, or am I crazy? Thanks guys.
That temp is hot but not crazy high. Upper operational temperature for hydraulic oil is 80C (176F) and the pump can easily get hotter than the oil. Put a pressure gauge on the implement circuit and see what it says. Should not be much pressure when all the valves are in neutral.

Dan

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
That’s good info Dave, thank you. Wouldn’t I hear the relief valve hitting though or am I overthinking this?
Have you ever heard the relief valve in earlier years?
Usually the engine noise drowns it out.
Running oil thru the relief valve is a quick way to heat it up.
You can always do as Dan suggests if you have the gauge and hardware
Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Have you ever heard the relief valve in earlier years?
Usually the engine noise drowns it out.
Running oil thru the relief valve is a quick way to heat it up.
You can always do as Dan suggests if you have the gauge and hardware
Dave
If not buy a gauge and tee - cheap and useful addition to any tractor owners toolbox. Takes a lot of the guesswork out.

Dan