Loader problem

viper72860

Equipment
Kubota 6060 & LA1154 loader
Sep 2, 2023
Ala
LA 1154 loader blue a line and now the tilt or curl function stopped working, anyone ever had this happen? any help would be appreciated.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
just the obvious...
replace line, top up the hydraulic oil, fully cycle all the valves, should be fine...

Reactions: 2 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
LA 1154 loader blue a line and now the tilt or curl function stopped working, anyone ever had this happen? any help would be appreciated.
Dump and curl dont work after replacing the line? What blew out - hard line or hose? What did you do to fix it?

Dan

viper72860

Equipment
Sep 2, 2023
Ala
I have replaced the rubber line that blew and still nothing, then removed the valve body, disassembled and checked it out inside and found nothing wrong all looked great, have tried to bleed any air from all lines associated with the curl function and still nothing. The bucket will curl down but not up.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
Did you top up the hyd/trans oil ? I am also now concerned you reassembled/installed the valve wrong.

viper72860

Equipment
Sep 2, 2023
Ala
Did you top up the hyd/trans oil ? I am also now concerned you reassembled/installed the valve wrong.
I did position all the parts in a way that I would not mess this up and did pay very close attention to the reassembly, I'm a very mechanically minded person and have never run up on too many things I can't do, but I think I just found one.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have replaced the rubber line that blew and still nothing, then removed the valve body, disassembled and checked it out inside and found nothing wrong all looked great, have tried to bleed any air from all lines associated with the curl function and still nothing. The bucket will curl down but not up.
The bucket will curl down but not up.

This is a big clue and you are looking at a specific circuit. Dump uses regen so no oil flows on tank return. Curl however uses tank return for exhaust oil. Three things come to mind.
  1. Because of the way regen works jf you have the bucket hoses reversed the bucket will dump in both curl and dump lever positions. Swap the bucket couplers and see if it fixes your problem. If not swap them back.
  2. The coupler for the rod end hose is not properly connected. Disconnect the hose from the coupler and try to curl the bucket. If you get oil flow from the port in the coupler the coupler is properly connected.
  3. The other possibility is the tank return port is blocked. Disconnect that hose and try to curl the bucket. You should get flow out of the tank return port.
My gut hunch is #1.

Dan

Last edited:

viper72860

Equipment
Sep 2, 2023
Ala
The bucket will curl down but not up.

This is a big clue and you are looking at a specific circuit. Dump uses regen so no oil flows on tank return. Curl however uses tank return for exhaust oil. Three things come to mind.
  1. Because of the way regen works jf you have the bucket hoses reversed the bucket will dump in both curl and dump lever positions. Swap the bucket couplers and see if it fixes your problem. If not swap them back.
  2. The coupler for the rod end hose is not properly connected. Disconnect the hose from the coupler and try to curl the bucket. If you get oil flow from the port in the coupler the coupler is properly connected.
  3. The other possibility is the tank return port is blocked. Disconnect that hose and try to curl the bucket. You should get flow out of the tank return port.
My gut hunch is #1.

Dan
I will check this out. Thanks very much.