BXpanded Thumb,Root Ripper, quick connect- Problems-Warranty

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I also have the ripper and have never had an issue with it. I have used it on many stumps and it does aid in the process with minimizing ground disturbance. I have also found it helps pluck nice sized rocks out of the ground with ease as well. I tried removing a decent sized rock with my 16" bucket and quickly found out that wants going to happen without making a huge mess. Put the ripper on and that sucker was out in seconds.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The design/build of a toothbar or ripper is easy compared to a mechanical thumb. The first two are essentially one solid piece with no moving parts. The thumb is adjustable and several 'pivots'. Looking at their website, it does appear they've used 1/8" walled square tubing. Odds are the holes are punched out. A 1st year mechanical engineering student would be able to calculate the forces on all the parts and explain why the thumb failed. Punched holes are not precise, there's a lot of 'slop' in them, bad news as ANY 'gap' will eventually cause damage. I KNOW the SSQA front plate pins are 'silky smoooooth' to remove and install on my BX23S, the thumb's pins need to be the same.
They really need to 'go back to the drawing board' for this product. For sure they need to quickly step up and repair/replace the thumb as well as any damage to the BH. This is 'customer service'. BXpanded could learn from Kubota. Just 2 hours after I sent Kubota an email about the broken loader frame, my account had a generous 'donation' from head office,so it's nice to see some companies KNOW what customer service is all about !

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
The design/build of a toothbar or ripper is easy compared to a mechanical thumb. The first two are essentially one solid piece with no moving parts. The thumb is adjustable and several 'pivots'. Looking at their website, it does appear they've used 1/8" walled square tubing. Odds are the holes are punched out. A 1st year mechanical engineering student would be able to calculate the forces on all the parts and explain why the thumb failed. Punched holes are not precise, there's a lot of 'slop' in them, bad news as ANY 'gap' will eventually cause damage. I KNOW the SSQA front plate pins are 'silky smoooooth' to remove and install on my BX23S, the thumb's pins need to be the same.
They really need to 'go back to the drawing board' for this product. For sure they need to quickly step up and repair/replace the thumb as well as any damage to the BH. This is 'customer service'. BXpanded could learn from Kubota. Just 2 hours after I sent Kubota an email about the broken loader frame, my account had a generous 'donation' from head office,so it's nice to see some companies KNOW what customer service is all about !
Yes, I agree Greensvillejay. I'm disappointment in Bxpanded that has not responded to my email with a complaint about their forks on a loader with a toothbar. I will not buy from them again.

Tractor Gal

Who knew? Shortly after I had emailed Bxpanded again this morning, I have gotten a reply! They are willing to help. I rescind my remarks.

Last edited: