DT Models

InsideTrader

Aug 23, 2023
Broken Arrow
Is it possible to have a tractor whose model number ends in DT and it have a Hydro Shuttle? Forgive me if the terminology is a little off. I thought DTs were Sync Shuttle only but I’ve got a guy telling me DTs can be Hydro Shuttle as well.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
DT stands for "Double Traction" or "Dual Traction". It's Kubota's way of saying a 4WD model. So yes, you could have a XXXXXDT (manual, 4WD Machine), XXXXXDT-GST (Glide shift, 4WD Machine), or XXXXXDT-HST (Hydrostatic, 4WD Machine).

InsideTrader

Aug 23, 2023
Broken Arrow
DT stands for "Double Traction" or "Dual Traction". It's Kubota's way of saying a 4WD model. So yes, you could have a XXXXXDT (manual, 4WD Machine), XXXXXDT-GST (Glide shift, 4WD Machine), or XXXXXDT-HST (Hydrostatic, 4WD Machine).
Thank you sir. I googled that and a website I found said DT meant no cab, 4WD, and sync shuttle. But the guy selling a tractor I’m considering buying tells me it’s a DT hydro shuttle and then showed me where hydro shuttle is written on the side of it. So I was confused. Thank you again.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Thank you sir. I googled that and a website I found said DT meant no cab, 4WD, and sync shuttle. But the guy selling a tractor I’m considering buying tells me it’s a DT hydro shuttle and then showed me where hydro shuttle is written on the side of it. So I was confused. Thank you again.
Just out of curiosity , what model kubota was it?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
This is from the Kubota model variants explained page from the main page:

Some general guidelines that hold in most cases:
  • C refers to cab model
  • CS refers to creep speed
  • D or DT refer to four wheel drive
  • E or F refer to two wheel drive
  • HST refers to hydrostatic transmission
  • GST refers to glide shift transmission
  • N refers to narrow tread model (think orchards or vineyards)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you give me the serial number, I can tell you if it's a synchro shuttle or a hydro shuttle.

InsideTrader

Aug 23, 2023
Broken Arrow
If you give me the serial number, I can tell you if it's a synchro shuttle or a hydro shuttle.
I would like to do that. I’d love a data sheet, or something like that, on it. I will not take possession of it until Friday and can get the SN then. However, a couple of hours ago he sent me a picture of the side of the tractor where it said hydraulic shuttle. So assuming he isn’t faking decals or swapped out the side paneling to lie to me, I’m fairly confident it is a hydro.

Reactions: 1 user