B6100D tires

jc_custom

Equipment
B6100
Aug 20, 2023
missouri
I am looking to swap the r1 ags on my 6100 for some r4s. I am currently running (worn) versions or the factory style ag tires

I'd like to find a match set (at least similar tread) like the re-built pic on tractor data (tires may not comply with RC ratio?):

I suspect I'm in the early stages of trying to find a combination that works. I've read several threads about people working through tire combinations, but nothing like the photo.

Where are people coming up with the RC ratio? I understand it is supposed to be based on the final drive ratio, with the front being overdriven 0-3% (some places say up to 10%)

Is there a particular Kubota spec for the RC ratio? Where are people finding it, because I have combed through the owners and service manuals a couple times each and I am not finding it called out, nor am I finding the axle ratios spelled out (which would get me to the same place.)

Is there some official source for these numbers?

(Mod edited to show post properly)

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll dig in my stash and see if I can find the chart of ratios.

That build is really taxing on the drive system, I hope yours is in good shape.
Also going to make it steer really hard!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What about switching from r1 ags to the r4 "industrial" style is more taxing?
They are wider and they are heavier, and will move the off set out putting more strain on the front axle pivot points.
They are also wider and will work the steering gear more, along with working the drive system, because more tire on the ground means more resistance.

jc_custom

Equipment
B6100
Aug 20, 2023
missouri
Fair enough. I was ASSUMING it wouldn't be much worse than the turf tire setup. Either way, the front end seems pretty tight, so I'm willing to take my chances. Most of my use is on harder surfaces (or yard), but I dont want to give up all the ag tire traction benefits and switch to turf tires. I'd like to just compromise and get the R4s (If I can find a correctly size set)