Backhoe pin MIA

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
We hadn’t had any trouble with backhoe to tractor pins coming out. Keeper cross pin in the right slot. Change between 3pt and backhoe quite a bit. Your keeper cross pin’s straight?

The B26 still has the OEM quick attach bucket lynch pin. Brush and root-balls are great pin removers. M59 bucket QA has double nut bolt after loosing several lynch pins. Did weld a scrap tab to head so only need one wrench. A single lock nut would work too. Old Ford 4500 had regular single nut and bolts for pin-on buckets. Used dirt and mud for temporary locktite. Never lost one.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Well if you can't find something ask my wife.

Wife: Cracks a beer and starts walking out there and says "I'm gonna look for that pin"

Paul: While rolling eyes, says....."Good luck, that things F'ing gone like a fart in the wind. I already looked for over an hour."

Literally, 4 minutes later she walks in with this.....

20230811_130013.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I’d like to think the lesson learned is you need a mini-x in addition to your L. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
She must be related to my wife.

Me: I can't find the ketchup
Her: SIGH.....step aside Mike, this'll just take me a second.
Me: I think we're out
Her: 22.8sec later...Here you go. (hands me a new bottle of Heinz)
Me: Looks down at the floor, not knowing if she's way better at this or is just a magician

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
I’m thinking you should cut a few flowers with the scissors, then light the bbq and get out the cooking utensils, find the bottle of wine and light a candle for dinner!! 😄😄😄

Reactions: 1 user

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Well if you can't find something ask my wife.

Wife: Cracks a beer and starts walking out there and says "I'm gonna look for that pin"

Paul: While rolling eyes, says....."Good luck, that things F'ing gone like a fart in the wind. I already looked for over an hour."

Literally, 4 minutes later she walks in with this.....

View attachment 109042
I have been subjected to the same routine by my better half when looking for something.

Bill

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’d like to think the lesson learned is you need a mini-x in addition to your L. 😉
My L48 TLB uses mini-ex quick attach buckets.
The long bucket locking pin on my L48 bucket is exactly the same bucket pin as the pin for the mini ex bucket.
The BH bucket locking pin can fall out of any BH bucket, on any machine.

Last edited:

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
Haha reminds me of the spring before last when my father in law lost his hearing aid while he was out here helping move some leaf piles.
The wife and kids spent all afternoon looking around the yard for it.
After I got home from work I made a quick pass around the trees in the yard and then followed the trail out to where the dump spot is.
I figured it probably got knocked out driving the quad on the bumpy trail.
But it was near the dump pile where he got of the quad.
PXL_20220506_001255009.jpg
PXL_20220506_001259531.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
While decades ago, my father lost his wallet spreading manure.

When you’re a young farm kid, there’s lots of “other duties as assigned….” 💩🐄💩🐄

My brother and I found it! 😉.

We were forewarned the alternative wouldn’t be good….”OR ELSE” is all I remember…..😳

My aunt lost her watch in the hay mow during haying season….long before metal detectors were common…. I found it the following spring in the chaff…👍….

She wasn’t from the farm….there was a reason most of the adults on the farm didn’t wear jewelry much….😉

Last edited:

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Yep the damn pin fell out.

Well that ended the day.

I got about 50'ish yards done of the projected 100. Still needs some attention, but not a bad start.

I put the tractor in the pic for size reference.

View attachment 108990

I searched high and low for that pin, but nothing.

I called the local dealer for a new pin, but "no joy".....said it would be a week.

But he gave me the part number and said another dealer had it about 2 hours south of me.

Luckily the old lady is coming up tonight, so I bought it from them and had them put it outside their fence so she can grab it on her way up. BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!!!

I gotta give a big shout out to the guys at Ginops Kubota in Hillman Mi.....They really have treated me very well and gone the extra mile.

Also the guys at Lingles Equipment in Saginaw MI for working with me, and putting it outside the gate so she can pick it up after hours.
Good to know about lingle, I’ve wondered as I drive past billboards all the time. I got mine from capital equipment but good to have options!

Reactions: 1 user