BX to LX — Different World

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
My neighbor has an LX and it seems like a beast next to my BX25D.
That said, my BX has given me 10 trouble free years both mowing and snowblowing and a million other tasks. No need for me to upgrade but certainly tempting! My next “buy” will be a side by side to cart my ass all over the property. Probably won’t be a Kubota after hearing of all the “sidekick” problems…

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
My next “buy” will be a side by side to cart my ass all over the property. Probably won’t be a Kubota after hearing of all the “sidekick” problems…
One vote for a Kawasaki Mule if you want it primarily for work and are good with a top speed about 40mph. Don’t know how I survived without it. More accurately I don’t know how my old Nissan Frontier survived without it.
IMG_8253.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I love my little Yamaha Rhino for puttering around. Plus it was cheap, reliable, and parts are cheap too. The downside to older machines is the noise. So loud I wear ear plugs when diving it for any length of time or at high speed. Wonderful little machine though.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I'll throw the Ranger Midsize 570 into the mix. Here's mine hauling wood while being equipped with my snow plow and chained up in the rear.

The property in the background is also mine, and it's been all over it in 2wd in relatively dry weather. Of course, it also has 4wd and true 4wd if needed.

IMG_0894.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I love my little Yamaha Rhino for puttering around. Plus it was cheap, reliable, and parts are cheap too. The downside to older machines is the noise. So loud I wear ear plugs when diving it for any length of time or at high speed. Wonderful little machine though.
I love Yamaha products! They’re not as common as the Mules and Rangers as well as the “other” brand which escapes me at the moment…

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I also believe the Honda Pioneer is a good vehicle. I believe they have engine braking which would be helpful on my backwoods hills…

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Did this just become a sxs bragging thread? YES! I love a good competition.

You call that a load?

82.jpg

1000000272.jpg

Now thats a load! I kid though. I actually bought my little Yamaha on a whim. Picked it up from a Copart auction, that I bid on assuming I wouldn't win. Not sure how it got there, they said under body damage. I repaired a stripped drain plug, cleaned it up and these little buggers are awesome. Again, loud. Also not the fastest thing in the world but I've played with the tuning a bit and it goes about 40mph. 4wd with electronic lockers, but I haven't needed them at all. Tried to get it stuck in the snow over the winter and never put it in 4wd except to test it. Even climbing around the ditches with fresh powder the little bugger just crawls right out. I think I'm gonna clean up and paint the plastics Kubota orange.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Did this just become a sxs bragging thread? YES! I love a good competition.
Nope, just a day in the life of mine. I do wonder though how much your load of empty boxes weighed and your empty trailer vs that much firewood. ;)

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
SXS's have their own refridgerators now?
Stereos, doors, A/C and even microwaves - sure, but fridges?

WOW :)

1687612544230.png

will721

Equipment
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
Nope, just a day in the life of mine. I do wonder though how much your load of empty boxes weighed and your empty trailer vs that much firewood. ;)
Oh no that box was full. The septic tank is in the way of backing the truck up to the back door of my house, which is the larger door and close to the kitchen. The alternative is the front door where id have to struggle to get the fridge through and probably scratch it. Then through the house to the kitchen. However the sxs is nimble so I just slid it off the back of the truck onto the sxs, and drove right up to the door. Unboxed, popped the doors off and carried it right in.

The trailer is also insanely heavy for what it is. I also took it off road to the back of the property to get it out of the way. Outside of a gooseneck, I've not come across a regular flat deck trailer I couldn't atleast pick up the tongue a bit. You have to park the ball perfectly under it because you can't budge the bastard. It needs a wheel under thr landing gear. I'll have to weigh it once I finish redecking it but its almost too cumbersome. I'm considering selling it off for something lighter.

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX2360, Z726XKW-3-60
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I hope they fix my Sidekick because it is an awesome machine for plowing.
IMG_3986small.JPG
IMG_3987small.JPG

And just the right size. But knowing what I know now, I would not have purchased it. Especially during a pandemic.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I hope they fix my Sidekick because it is an awesome machine for plowing.
View attachment 108621 View attachment 108622
And just the right size. But knowing what I know now, I would not have purchased it. Especially during a pandemic.
We bought our Mule in the midst of COVID, just before full on shutdown. First place we went to look at them had one. Wouldn’t budge off list price. Called three other dealers and all said nothing in stock, no telling when they’d get more, and if they had one it would be priced well over list. They couldn’t believe we actually found one for sale. So we got a crappy deal but we came back with the equipment trailer and picked it up that same day. About a week later went to full shutdown. Bought and paid for the winch and winch mounting kit the day we bought it. It was six more months before the winch came in. Weird times. It’s about due for the 200 hour service now.

Your Sidekick looks like a sweet ride. What’s wrong with it?

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi