BX23S Frame Serial Number Stamping

mike-ss

Equipment
Kubota BX23S
Jul 9, 2023
Ohio
Hi Everyone,

There's tons of documentation online of where the engine serial numbers are stamped on the block but does anyone know if the newer BX23S's have the tractor serial number stamped (not a sticker) on the frame like the bigger kubota's or how they used to be on the transmission case?

Thanks!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have never seen a stamped number on the frame, and most likely if there is one, it is hidden so only law enforcement can find it quickly. I know where Chevrolet hid the number on the 1962 Full-size cars, and you need to remove the body to find it. On the 1962 Corvair, you only have to remove the front cross member to find the stamped number.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks for the video, I saw that. The BX doesn't seem to have the stamping there, I was curious if it was anywhere else.
The serial number is not stamped anywhere on the frame.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
For proof of ownership in the event that the tractor is ever stolen, I will be stamping the underside of the frame on my BX23S. The tractor, cab, snowblower, snow plow, and weight box with 600# of lead, are close to the cost of a new car, albeit an inexpensive automobile. The last time that I added all of the items that my tractor is sporting on the Kubota build a tractor website, the total cost was about $43,000!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
For proof of ownership in the event that the tractor is ever stolen, I will be stamping the underside of the frame on my BX23S. The tractor, cab, snowblower, snow plow, and weight box with 600# of lead, are close to the cost of a new car, albeit an inexpensive automobile. The last time that I added all of the items that my tractor is sporting on the Kubota build a tractor website, the total cost was about $43,000!
I know of what you speak.
My 260 hour L48 TLB current day equivalent (L47 TLB) "build it" price is nearly $80,000.
I find that number to be completely insane.
That price does not include some features that the Kubota build site does not offer (custom hyd. thumb, nicer than Kubota) triple rear remotes, hyd loader bucket locking.
Also not included in the $80K are two BH buckets, EA 4,400 lb forks, a grapple, and a $1,000 root ripper.
In addition: My L48 will dig to 11' while the L47 will only dig to 10'.

Paid $32K four years ago last month, from a private party (unable to use with Parkinson's), .........but without attachments.

Wish I could do as well in the stock market!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have been doing well in the stock market, but I have also had my losses. My wife inherited her father's IRA, and I have been managing that for the past 10 years. The value of the IRA is the same today as the day she inherited it, and she has been taking distributions every year. I have done better for her than I have done for myself, but then I don't take gambles with her money. I just bought her a CD that is paying 5.4% for 6 months. Right now the market is too volatile for small investors, so we sit on the sidelines.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have been doing well in the stock market, but I have also had my losses. My wife inherited her father's IRA, and I have been managing that for the past 10 years. The value of the IRA is the same today as the day she inherited it, and she has been taking distributions every year. I have done better for her than I have done for myself, but then I don't take gambles with her money. I just bought her a CD that is paying 5.4% for 6 months. Right now the market is too volatile for small investors, so we sit on the sidelines.
For many years of my life I thought I should be managing my investments.
Have been using Fidelity for 25 plus years.
Absolutely stress free, and they have consistently done better than I was able to do..

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
A friend gave $300,000 to someone to manage, and they were charging him $500 a month for the privilege of his investments going down every month for the past 2 years. Some investment firms do a good job for the customer, and others only want the fees that they can charge and don't care if you make or lose money. I pay commissions on all purchases and sales, and I still win in the end.