BH77 to LX2610

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
I’m currently in the process of waiting for an LX2610 to be ready for pickup. But it’s hit an apparent snag involving an updated part for the seating of the backhoe to the frame that they are waiting on from Kubota. For those of you with this machine and backhoe, does this make sense or sound right?

I’m pressed to get the machine at this point, but they say I can take it with it not being 100% correct.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Did you order a fixed seat for the backhoe or just the standard flip seat???

Is your new tractor ROPS or cabbed version? Rops typically uses a seat that is rotated. Cabbed version requires a fixed seat for the backhoe and typically the extension brackets for the hoe to accommodate the fixed seat.

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
Did you order a fixed seat for the backhoe or just the standard flip seat???

Is your new tractor ROPS or cabbed version? Rops typically uses a seat that is rotated. Cabbed version requires a fixed seat for the backhoe and typically the extension brackets for the hoe to accommodate the fixed seat.
ROPS, so spin seat. Was there today, and they showed me. The “saddle” on the backhoe, as they explained it, is not seating 100% on the notch in the frame on the one side. It’s more or less on the pin. If that makes sense. They’re apparently waiting on Kubota, but allowing me to take it

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
got it. If I recall correctly, there was someone else on here that had quite an issue with his backhoe frame? I think he was doing the installation himself.

It sounds like there could be some slight issues with manufacturing.

I did see that there was someone selling a slightly used BH77 here in PA. They posted it this week on here.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
got it. If I recall correctly, there was someone else on here that had quite an issue with his backhoe frame? I think he was doing the installation himself.

I did see that there was someone selling a slightly used BH77 here in PA. They posted it this week on here.
There was a member that had an issue where they either placed too many or too few washers between the subframe and loader mount, ROPS, or rear axle causing a misalignment.

I also had an issue with my subframe doing a DIY install because my loader mount had the subframe mounting flange welded on upside down...lol

OP, if your swivel seat is not available, see if the dealer will order you a fixed seat, free of charge ($800 through parts desk). This seat will work with the ROPS tractor if your tractor seat is pulled forward and you've installed the rear toolbox bracket delete kit and the toolbox and signal relocation kit.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I have a LX2610 SU ROPS with the BH77. Mine is a couple of years old and there have been no problems. I work the backhoe, and everything else, pretty hard. I wonder what the updated part is for.

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
I have a LX2610 SU ROPS with the BH77. Mine is a couple of years old and there have been no problems. I work the backhoe, and everything else, pretty hard. I wonder what the updated part is for.
They had first stated it as an "updated" part. It seems to me that "corrected" part would describe it better. Ill be picking the machine up early this week and will post a picture of what's going on with it

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey

I saw one earlier in the week posted on Marketplace for about $2700 which was a steal. Now I've seen 2 others since then but much higher in price, but still cheaper than new. Funny how a handful got posted in a short time frame

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
They had first stated it as an "updated" part. It seems to me that "corrected" part would describe it better. Ill be picking the machine up early this week and will post a picture of what's going on with it
Without seeing it, it sounds like they messed something up or ordered the wrong subframe for your ROPS tractor.

Do you have 3rd function on your machine?

Last edited:

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
CD0DCD7E-2800-4B3D-B8E1-6969868EF899.jpeg

C1185FD3-0AF0-4181-A23F-56CC68C79DEA.jpeg

First picture is the right side, second picture is the left side. On the left side, you can see it doesnt seat like the right side. They are not worried about it at all, but are still going to make it right