Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Was cutting some wood with the help of the 2610. My back was getting sore so I decided to put my feet up........the farm queen decided to hang out on my lap.
20230616_154531(0)~2.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
The last dog we had was the first non pure GSD we ever had. We had four GSD's prior. This was a mix, probably with Greyhound, that my wife decided to rescue from a failed rescue while I was away visiting my mother. It turned out to be the worst dog we ever had, particularly when compared to the one GSD previous to that (which I really miss). This dog would take everything as a challenge that he had to overcome. He had something against electrical wires. He took out the cable TV wire twice. The second time it had been routed outside the fence and he reached around the corner with his paw, in the blind, and he pulled the wire off the wall. He found and pulled out most of the buried wires of an old non working "Invisible Fence" from the back yard. I was concerned that he might chew and damage the A/C wiring in the yard. On the other hand it was 240 volts and .... but he did not do it. He would not jump a 4 foot chain link fence nor dig under it. He would bite the bottom of the chain link fabric, lift it up distort it and easily crawl out. He dug a permanent hole, knee deep, in front of the pool enclosure door and it did not matter how many times I filled it back up, he would dig it up again. He did not want to be petted, he did not want to be us. Any time a door was left open he would bolt and we would have to chase him all over the neighborhood. For the first SpaceX Heavy launch (Tesla Roadster Payload), the dual booster land landing produced an incredible 4 sonic booms. Apparently, he got spooked, forced a gate open and we did not notice. About 1/2 hour later the sheriff office was calling that somebody had found the dog and they had tracked to us by his rabies tags (since he had torn off his name and address tag earlier). He was about 5 miles away and I had to go and pick him up. Several times through the years I tried to get rid of the dog and my wife would not let me. Finally, he got sick with pancreatitis and the vet put him away a few months ago. He was the most disloyal, unfriendly, ungrateful, uncooperative, single minded and hard headed dog we ever had. Who would pick such a dog.....? Oh, yeah....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts. It’s getting easier till we got a package today from his vet with pictures and notes from everyone there. I got dust in my eyes again.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts. It’s getting easier till we got a package today from his vet with pictures and notes from everyone there. I got dust in my eyes again.
Yep - been there. Ollie passed 1/1/2022. Bad day.

Had him cremated and buried him the yard July 2022 in the nice box the crematory place put him in. Had some notes with it.

I balled like a little girl digging the hole.

A few weeks later, we got our new Boxer puppy, and he hovered over that spot....we think Ollie was giving him pointers.... :)

Here’s a painting someone did of Ollie. He was a very stout 90+ pound Boxer. Walked or ran with Mom 2-3 miles per day.

BC207532-9E7D-4F3D-B839-AA812F140BB0.jpeg

Here’s Geddy doing “data-transfer”. Ollie’s grave is just above of his head where the discolored grass is. He spent a lot of time just hanging there, even though he was just 8 weeks old.

Have to admit I’m getting a little misty just typing this.

939A3E89-4968-4F77-A08A-83B08DF2A450.jpeg

Take care John. After 23 years with a dog, please consider getting another. D2Cat’s message has a lot of bearing with us. We think the same way, and will have a dog as long as we able to properly take care of one.

After all, I’m sure you need some “supervision” when you’re working that smoker of yours! 😉

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
We lost our old boy on the 31st. First time in over 23 yrs to not have a dog in the house. He was my constant companion and never more than a few feet away. He live to be 14 yrs and 8 months. Hard to adapt.
I am sorry for your loss. I would not trade mine for 10 relatives.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH

Had him cremated and buried him the yard July 2022 in the nice box the crematory place put him in. Had some notes with it.

A few weeks later, we got our new Boxer puppy, and he hovered over that spot....we think Ollie was giving him pointers.... :)

Here’s a painting someone did of Ollie. He was a very stout 90+ pound Boxer. Walked or ran with Mom 2-3 miles per day.

View attachment 105127

Here’s Geddy doing “data-transfer”. Ollie’s grave is just above of his head where the discolored grass is. He spent a lot of time just hanging there, even though he was just 8 weeks old.

View attachment 105128

Take care John. After 23 years with a dog, please consider getting another. D2Cat’s message has a lot of bearing with us. We think the same way, and will have a dog as long as we able to properly take care of one.

After all, I’m sure you need some “supervision” when you’re working that smoker of yours! 😉
Definitely will get another. I just need to get past Pirate. We were on vacation when he passed. Here is what the kennel crew gave us when we went to get his stuff

View attachment 105127

View attachment 105128

we will definitely get another one or two when it is time. He passed while we were on vacation and at the kennel. Perfectly fine when we dropped him off. Some very emotional phone calls. Here is what the staff gave us when we picked up his stuff. I can’t imagine life without dogs. It gets easier every day. Today was a hard one and I do appreciate the support.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It does take some time to get over one before you get another. Takes a while to grieve, and that's a good thing. Been there too.

Ollie had some issues that were terminal. Thankfully we got another 6 months with him. We did start looking for a replacement in the interim but didn't commit to anything until months after he was gone.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH

View attachment 105127

View attachment 105128

Your smoker comment made me smile. Pirate was always down to do quality control for me!

Attachments

• Love

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Many moons back, salvaged an old bath tub, had left over tile board…and built an elevated doggie bathtub in my basemen. Used alot. Anyways, gave my ol boy a nice bath today. He looks sad, but really enjoyed the scrubbin….especially on his chest….

20230623_135602_resized_1.jpeg

20230623_135614_resized_1.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Many moons back, salvaged an old bath tub, had left over tile board…and built an elevated doggie bathtub in my basemen. Used alot. Anyways, gave my ol boy a nice bath today. He looks sad, but really enjoyed the scrubbin….especially on his chest….

View attachment 105700

View attachment 105701
If he's anything like ours. It's sheddagedon after he dries 😱😱😱😱

Reactions: 1 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

View attachment 105700

View attachment 105701
I don't know why but both the wife and I laughed in some sick kinda way maybe because we seen that look so many times before.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Oh yeah, let the fur tumble weeds begin. Got to the point where we have his and her vacuums.
Those tumble weeds finally killed the roomba 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Ended up getting a cordless vacuum from Sam's club. I have to dump that at least 3 times while vacuuming 😂🤣😂🤣 That's with vacuuming every other day 😱😱😱😱 I tried to get gypsy to let me vacuum her...... but she wouldn't go for it. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Dad had a weenie dog that loved to be vacuumed. Everything he started, the dog would come running into what ever room he was in and flop onto the middle of the floor on his back 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂😂

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Someone ran 4 miles with mom early this morning.

Has run out of gas and is shirking his duties helping dad in the garage by noon….not sure how I’m going to function without my assistant…. :oops:

IMG_5944.jpeg

Last edited:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
2 miles and he is still looking for more. I would, but 85°/ 67% Rh and I don't want his Husky side to overheat. I don't want to overheat myself either.
20230624_122720.jpg

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
2 miles and he is still looking for more. I would, but 85°/ 67% Rh and I don't want his Husky side to overheat. I don't want to overheat myself either.
View attachment 105744
We do our long walks early AM and late evening due to heat. It was 96° yesterday when I got home from work at 6pm. So it was a quick walk to do her business and back in the AC.