What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
The local tree company(not the one I work for.....wasn't ready to see the crew or trucks yet) took down a large maple and ash for me. They had a b2610 with grapples.

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
I dropped the air pressure in my R4 tires.

When I brought my 2601 home, the tires were maxed out at 36 front, and 40 rear. Mowing with it made my old zero turn feel like a Cadillac.
I dropped them down to 30 front and 30 rear and then mowed a different part of the property with it. It was better but still jarring on every bump.
It's now down to 20 front and 20 rear. The tractor is set up and used as a mowing tractor so it doesn't have a front end loader, or a BH. So, it's the stock weight except for the 54 inch MMM.
Hopefully the ride will improve.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
You make me Google that movie @Old_Paint
(Slingbkade) I was 12 when it came out lol
I was nearly 12 at the time they were supposed to be set in, LOL. I can remember most of the events depicted in Forrest Gump too well.

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
sewer line repair...turned into a water line repair too ;). One of the young guys jumped into the machine and started digging when I walked to the truck...so I let him continue all the while telling him to stay the the right because I figured we'd cross the water line.

I was right. No big deal.

Young guy digging: note that he's smiling. This is prior to snagging the water line :D

H4-NIC739-1.JPG

repairs:

H4-NIC739-4.JPG

H4-NIC739-5.JPG

backfilling

H4-NIC739-6.JPG

done for the day

Reactions: 8 users

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
sewer line repair...turned into a water line repair too ;). One of the young guys jumped into the machine and started digging when I walked to the truck...so I let him continue all the while telling him to stay the the right because I figured we'd cross the water line.

I was right. No big deal.

Young guy digging: note that he's smiling. This is prior to snagging the water line :D

View attachment 105062

repairs:

View attachment 105063

View attachment 105064

backfilling

View attachment 105065

done for the day
Your approach to the "situation" is admirable. Keeping a level head as a boss is underrated

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Where did you find drill stem for $85 a stick?
My fence contractor has been negotiating from $150/stick down to $105/stick for about a year.
I need 1712 linear feet just for top rail. :eek:
The closer you get to North Dakota the cheaper it gets. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Hauled marsh grass to cover up my grass seed .
20230615_175004.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I dropped the air pressure in my R4 tires.

When I brought my 2601 home, the tires were maxed out at 36 front, and 40 rear. Mowing with it made my old zero turn feel like a Cadillac.
I dropped them down to 30 front and 30 rear and then mowed a different part of the property with it. It was better but still jarring on every bump.
It's now down to 20 front and 20 rear. The tractor is set up and used as a mowing tractor so it doesn't have a front end loader, or a BH. So, it's the stock weight except for the 54 inch MMM.
Hopefully the ride will improve.
I’d try 15 in the rear. That’s where mine are. Dealership had them set at 40psi which was only slightly better than an old Farmall with spiked steel wheels. Wouldn’t drop the front any more. Fronts get a good bit of sideways pressure on them at times turning and pushing them off the rim is kind of irritating. Also improves traction. Just a suggestion…

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Well, I don't know how to double quote you all, but, I'm not the boss. I'm just a hired hand for these jobs (although, I do sleep with the GM if that counts... she's my wife of 28 years so I think I'm ok). 😆

Anyway, most of these guys are close to 1/3 my age. I like to give them an opportunity if they are so inclined. I really enjoy seeing them work to get better each time. I try to teach them a little as well, to slow down, be safe and to be respectful of other peoples property (must of them still live at home with their parents).

anyway, thanks for the kind words.

carry on.

edit: one habit I need to break is to stop giving them my lunch, or buying theirs. It's become a bad habit. Perhaps I've already spoiled them.

Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I’d try 15 in the rear. That’s where mine are. Dealership had them set at 40psi which was only slightly better than an old Farmall with spiked steel wheels. Wouldn’t drop the front any more. Fronts get a good bit of sideways pressure on them at times turning and pushing them off the rim is kind of irritating. Also improves traction. Just a suggestion…

Ditto on that suggestion. I typically run 12-14 psi in my rears. Fronts are generally close to spec for loader work.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Did absolutely nothing, except hunt for a possible new forever home for us and it.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
Thanks for the suggestion. I will drop the rear tires down to 15.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Did absolutely nothing, except hunt for a possible new forever home for us and it.
If you’re moving you might find North Carolina attractive. Not exactly sure why that would be but seems like half the world has decided to move here and pile up on top of each other so either there’s something wonderful here or the rest of the planet kind of sucks; not sure which it is.

For the currently low bargain sale price of only $550,000 you can pre-buy one of the planned 800 semi-custom homes in one of the two developments on our north/west/south border and save yourself all kinds of time by having a yard you can mow in 20 minutes with an electric weed eater. You wouldn’t have to worry about making decisions about how to run your property either; between the city and HOA they’ll make all those decisions for you. Of course you’ll have to pay them for their service of managing your life but I’m sure that’s a good deal being most folks don’t have enough sense to know what color to paint their house or how long their grass should be or what species shrubs to plant.

There might be a little downside that you’d have one tree farmer neighbor that can’t be annexed into the city so that a$$hole will semi-routinely be doing irritating stuff like shooting guns, running noisy equipment, screaming around recklessly on a UTV, and running off suburbanites that think any place with more than three trees is a public park.

I don’t really know what in the world is attractive about any of that. Also don’t know what these people are doing around here where there’s a big demand for $550k to $750k houses. Seems to be attractive to a whole mess of folks who can afford them so I guess I’m the oddball.

Anyway, good luck with your search. I’d stay away from here unless your looking for an overpriced postage stamp lot with a house you can customize by picking one of three choices for carpet color.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
If you’re moving you might find North Carolina attractive. Not exactly sure why that would be but seems like half the world has decided to move here and pile up on top of each other so either there’s something wonderful here or the rest of the planet kind of sucks; not sure which it is.

For the currently low bargain sale price of only $550,000 you can pre-buy one of the planned 800 semi-custom homes in one of the two developments on our north/west/south border and save yourself all kinds of time by having a yard you can mow in 20 minutes with an electric weed eater. You wouldn’t have to worry about making decisions about how to run your property either; between the city and HOA they’ll make all those decisions for you. Of course you’ll have to pay them for their service of managing your life but I’m sure that’s a good deal being most folks don’t have enough sense to know what color to paint their house or how long their grass should be or what species shrubs to plant.

There might be a little downside that you’d have one tree farmer neighbor that can’t be annexed into the city so that a$$hole will semi-routinely be doing irritating stuff like shooting guns, running noisy equipment, screaming around recklessly on a UTV, and running off suburbanites that think any place with more than three trees is a public park.

I don’t really know what in the world is attractive about any of that. Also don’t know what these people are doing around here where there’s a big demand for $550k to $750k houses. Seems to be attractive to a whole mess of folks who can afford them so I guess I’m the oddball.

Anyway, good luck with your search. I’d stay away from here unless your looking for an overpriced postage stamp lot with a house you can customize by picking one of three choices for carpet color.
Get outta my head.

You know exactly why I would even consider a move at my age. Lemme put it this way: The biggest portion of the owners in all the new bedroom subdivisions are not conservative voters, if you get my drift. A lot of em didn’t even have a job and qualified for loans they can never pay back when interest rates were way too low, so property investors are buying them out as rental property, and creating sanctuaries., followed by neglecting the property which then turns into a high end slum. I’ll let you decide what the sanctuaries are for, but it ain’t woodpeckers or butterflies. There is a very obvious manipulation of voter demographics to achieve control and concerted effort run off established home owners with latger properties so that more expensive cracker box homes can be built to increase property revenue per acre and further swing voting habits. It’s painfully obvious.
Oh, btw, I’m not a crazy tree farmer, but I am a crazy old geezer who makes my share of noise associated with maintaining my property. I’ve had 3 adjoining owners watching me at one time with their hands on their hips as I put clear property boundaries in place on what they all thought was‘public land’.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I emptied my Kubota Payment Booklet today.
Kubota Payment Book.JPG

I may just go purchase another 2A attachment to celebrate..........after I get done patterning a new shotgun.

Reactions: 10 users

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Sou
Get outta my head.

You know exactly why I would even consider a move at my age. Lemme put it this way: The biggest portion of the owners in all the new bedroom subdivisions are not conservative voters, if you get my drift. A lot of em didn’t even have a job and qualified for loans they can never pay back when interest rates were way too low, so property investors are buying them out as rental property, and creating sanctuaries., followed by neglecting the property which then turns into a high end slum. I’ll let you decide what the sanctuaries are for, but it ain’t woodpeckers or butterflies. There is a very obvious manipulation of voter demographics to achieve control and concerted effort run off established home owners with latger properties so that more expensive cracker box homes can be built to increase property revenue per acre and further swing voting habits. It’s painfully obvious.
Oh, btw, I’m not a crazy tree farmer, but I am a crazy old geezer who makes my share of noise associated with maintaining my property. I’ve had 3 adjoining owners watching me at one time with their hands on their hips as I put clear property boundaries in place on what they all thought was‘public land’.
Sounds like we have similar issues.

The developers around us were watching the obituaries daily waiting for my father to die so they could pick up the land from his heirs. Since he passed they’ve found out my brother and I match his crazy and raise him a couple notches. We’ve both got enough money and can make more if needed. Can’t make more land and I’m not ambitious enough to move so no motivation to sell out.

Once we have 800 more neighbors, maybe I’ll change my mind. For now the only part of the land we’re offering is a free bucket of sand from the creek they can take turns pounding.

I guess developers are necessary but I have no use for any of them I’ve met to date.

Good luck with your search. Hope you find some land where you can be at peace and not surrounded by nuts and idiots.

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Well, I don't know how to double quote you all, but, I'm not the boss. I'm just a hired hand for these jobs (although, I do sleep with the GM if that counts... she's my wife of 28 years so I think I'm ok). 😆

Anyway, most of these guys are close to 1/3 my age. I like to give them an opportunity if they are so inclined. I really enjoy seeing them work to get better each time. I try to teach them a little as well, to slow down, be safe and to be respectful of other peoples property (must of them still live at home with their parents).

anyway, thanks for the kind words.

carry on.

edit: one habit I need to break is to stop giving them my lunch, or buying theirs. It's become a bad habit. Perhaps I've already spoiled them.
If you have good reliable help.......just keep on buying them lunch!

Reactions: 1 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
If you have good reliable help.......just keep on buying them lunch!
I hired a tree company to take down 2 nasty trees. Coming from a tree crew I know what it's like. I bought them donuts, Gatorade, and pizza. That extra $20.00 spent made full stomachs and fast work.

Reactions: 1 user