Newbee here, hello all!

WLDOTZ

Equipment
BX2360
Nov 13, 2012
Hesperia, CA
My wife and I are looking at a new Kubota BX2360 for light landscap jobs around the house. It seems to fit what we need as far as size and ability, but I have some questions.

We were operating one at the dealership and I noticed that when you brought the rpm's up to about 75% and above, there was a loud squealing coming from the rear axle area of the tractor. It sounds like hydraulic cavitation to me, it is loud enough that hearing protection would definitely be required. I cannot see how anyone could tolerate it for a day's operation!

The service man that was there said it is normal, every one does it. Every BX that is, not the B. That sent up a bit of a red flag to me

We have a call into Kubota USA, but I was wondering if any of you had the same experience. Is it BX model-wide, or is this particular tractor have some issues?

Thanks for your help.
John

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Some squealing and hydraulic noise is normal for a tractor with a hydrostatic transmission. I've never heard a complaint about it being ear piercing and needing hearing protection. HUMMM.....

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Welcome to OTT!
Did you operate any other BX's on the lot? Did they sound the same? You could view some youtube videos on BX tractors, and see if you can hear it.
Kubota's are high quality- I would imagine that it is isolated to that tractor.

WLDOTZ

Equipment
BX2360
Nov 13, 2012
Hesperia, CA
No other ones on lot, two other local dealers do not have one. They said they would have Kubota people call and explain, but so far nothing.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Did I miss the kickoff for the the fall membership drive?
Welcome to the forum.
Best wishes on your future Kubota.
(Kinda like bringing home a new puppy... except the new little tractor won't pee on the floor or keep you awake at night.)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Did I miss the kickoff for the the fall membership drive?
Welcome to the forum.
Best wishes on your future Kubota.
(Kinda like bringing home a new puppy... except the new little tractor won't pee on the floor or keep you awake at night.)
Ohh, I don't know about that last statement- when I first got my Kubota, I spent many a night laying there, dreaming of what implements to get and how to modify the stabilizers...:)

WLDOTZ

Equipment
BX2360
Nov 13, 2012
Hesperia, CA
well, mama signed the papers and it will be delivered tonight. This is her toy, I just get to fix it and keep it full... so i guess it is kinda like a new puppy, huh!

JosephC

Equipment
2008 BX2660, 2005 ZD21,2000 B2400, 1995 B7200,2005 B7800
Apr 20, 2011
North Central Pennsylvania
Welcome to the site. I have a 2008 BX2660 and have about 300hrs on it since I bought it and mine never has a squeel in the rearend. It is actually real quiet compaired to my other Kubotas.

RD Gray

Equipment
BX2200 LA211 Loader 5' rear blade Woods PHD ph35
Oct 31, 2012
Luray, Virginia
Welcome and I have a BX2200 and no noise to speak of. Of course I can't hear to well I have to constantly say "huh"

WLDOTZ

Equipment
BX2360
Nov 13, 2012
Hesperia, CA
Yes, it still 'sqeals', but after talking to quite a few objective folks yesterday, it is what it is. I know I have sensitive ears to high pitches after 8 years in the USAF working on the flightline, so that could be why it bothers me. Or it could be that I design hydraulic systems for work and that is why I know that a hydrostatic transmission should not be noisy. Noise means inefficiency... inefficiency means heat. Heat is bad, mmkay?

But, this is Mama's toy. She has put up with my rock buggies and now sand cars and quads, so it is her turn for a toy I think. :D

I have already ordered the Bxpanded skid plate, and dug out some hooks to weld onto the bucket. I am also going to reinforce the top lip of the bucket while I am at it. I will stop at the dealer in the next day or two to pick up some matching paint. Mama says it has to stay pretty!

Cheers!
John

Mike_B

Equipment
B2320 w/MMM & FEL, & a bunch of Stihl power equipment. Lincoln SA250 for repairs
Oct 27, 2012
the Dusty South
Welcome & enjoy the work that will be turned into playtime with the new Kubota.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2