Hard Stops

SZak

Equipment
BX2350, LA243 Loader, Farmking 48"Tiller, BX5450 Snowblower
Mar 12, 2023
North Dakota
I have a BX2350. There's only 260 hours on it and I believe I have done a good job of keeping up with maintenance. This winter I have noticed that when letting up on the hydrostatic pedal in reverse, the tractor slams to a stop (or skids if I'm on ice or snow). I replaced the pedal shock and still have the same issue. Too much BS online to know what to believe so I joined this forum today. Anybody have the right solution for me?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
SZak,

Welcome to the forum - many will chime in here to "try" to help.

This matter is age old - I have a BX25D and it does NOT have this problem you describe and I recently bought a BX1850 that DOES have this problem - and I am sure you have done all the research on the net.

There seems to be a "design" flaw that Kubota did not address - but has fixed with other models either internally or externally in the HST.

Some will suggest to adjust the linkage a bit - most said this did NOT help

The first time I used my 1850 in reverse I about lost my teeth - and yes they are connected!

The only solution I have found is "remember to ease off pedal slowly"

Reactions: 1 user

SZak

Equipment
Mar 12, 2023
North Dakota
SZak,

Welcome to the forum - many will chime in here to "try" to help.

This matter is age old - I have a BX25D and it does NOT have this problem you describe and I recently bought a BX1850 that DOES have this problem - and I am sure you have done all the research on the net.

There seems to be a "design" flaw that Kubota did not address - but has fixed with other models either internally or externally in the HST.

Some will suggest to adjust the linkage a bit - most said this did NOT help

The first time I used my 1850 in reverse I about lost my teeth - and yes they are connected!

The only solution I have found is "remember to ease off pedal slowly"
I try that every time I get on it. There's no ease off slowly anymore. It's either stop or slide. I haven't lost my teeth yet, but have a good case of whiplash from time to time.

I have not adjusted the spring. Only changed the tension shock.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Szak - welcome to OTT.

I have a BX2360. Just a little newer than yours. Same as ‘Hokie’s BX25D.

Was very jerky when new…I was new to it also. Had to be careful with the pedal.

Just to be clear, you’ve owned the tractor a long time, and this is a new issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SZak

Equipment
Mar 12, 2023
North Dakota
Szak - welcome to OTT.

I have a BX2360. Just a little newer than yours. Same as ‘Hokie’s BX25D.

Was very jerky when new…I was new to it also. Had to be careful with the pedal.

Just to be clear, you’ve owned the tractor a long time, and this is a new issue?
It's not a "new" issue. It started becoming a serious issue last summer and now this winter.

SZak

Equipment
Mar 12, 2023
North Dakota
hmmm.. you have greased the Zerk under the floor mat ??
Yes, sir. As I mentioned, I keep up pretty good on the maintenance. It's a nasty winter here too so I have it in the shop after every storm to grease & oil the snowblower. I check everything over at that time.