How to replace lower radiator hose

horsegirlhusband

Equipment
B2400
Jan 6, 2023
Northern California Coast
Just purchased a 2000 B2400. The fan belt has been rubbing on the lower radiator hose, and has created a hole in the hose. So, I want to replace the hose. How do I access the connection to the engine and remove it? Am I going to have to remove the entire radiator in order to get to it? Any tips?

I've got minimal engine work experience, aside from regular maintenance and one time replacing a head gasket, so exuse me if this is a dumb question.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Post a few times to get to five total posts and then you can post a picture of the hose and the area around it so we can see what you are up against and maybe make suggestions.

generally there is not a lot of disassembly required to get a radiator hose off and back on.

horsegirlhusband

Equipment
B2400
Jan 6, 2023
Thanks for the replies. I got the pdf of the workshop manual, and just now recieved my paper copy i got on ebay. Thanks too for the tip on warming the tractor up first. The parts just came into my local dealership, so I'll give an update once i've actually attempted this replacement.

horsegirlhusband

Equipment
B2400
Jan 6, 2023
So I got it done. Did not have to take the radiator off. I did take off the exhaust pipe and the belt so I could get in there. Of course the hardest part was getting the new hose back onto the seat. The heat tip was helpful, I blasted it with a hair dryer between grunting and shoving it on there.

Reactions: 1 user

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
I blasted it with a hair dryer between grunting and shoving it on there.
Are you talking about your wife or the tractor?
Yeah, sometimes manuals are not much help. You just have to get in there and figure it out. Which you did. Better than taking it to the dealer.

Reactions: 1 user