M7060HDC12 Engine Miss Issues

GatlinBushHogging+

Equipment
2019 Kubota M7060HDC12
Sep 2, 2022
Tennessee
Hello I am new here. I have a 2019 M7060HDC12. I have around 360ish hours on the tractor now. I use it for bush hogging and haying mostly. The current issue I am having is when running a round baler the engine develops a miss over a period of time. Once the miss develops it will not clear itself up until I turn the tractor off, let it sit for a few minutes, and once I start the tractor it runs flawlessly for a few minutes at a time until it begins to miss again. I have tried changing the fuel filter and other filters. I would think if it was an injector issue it would be persistent and continuously miss? Seems to do it more after working several hours in a field with the baler. Could water cause this and be an intermittent issue? I have not noticed the dpf perform a Regen in a while but there are no lights on. Any input will be greatly appreciated thank you.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Look at the fuel bowl on the right side of the engine and see if the water ring is floating off the bottom. That should tell you whether there is water in the fuel. It’s off that it does it only hot after most hard work. I’m wondering if you have an injector sticking. I usually run Power Service in my fuel to add lubrication to the pump and injectors and to help them stay clean. 360 is low hours and you shouldn’t be having injector issues unless there is something that has been pushed to the injectors (grit). Also, look at that fuel bowl when the engine is hot and misfiring to see if you see any air bubbles indicating a fuel line leak.

GatlinBushHogging+

Equipment
2019 Kubota M7060HDC12
Sep 2, 2022
Tennessee
Look at the fuel bowl on the right side of the engine and see if the water ring is floating off the bottom. That should tell you whether there is water in the fuel. It’s off that it does it only hot after most hard work. I’m wondering if you have an injector sticking. I usually run Power Service in my fuel to add lubrication to the pump and injectors and to help them stay clean. 360 is low hours and you shouldn’t be having injector issues unless there is something that has been pushed to the injectors (grit). Also, look at that fuel bowl when the engine is hot and misfiring to see if you see any air bubbles indicating a fuel line leak.
Thanks for your reply. I didn't notice the ring floating but I have drained the bowl a few times just to give it a try. I'll try to keep a closer eye on the bowl when it does it again but I didn't notice anything before. I also thought maybe something had effected the fuel tank venting so I had tried loosening or taking the cap off and that didn't seem to help either.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Kubota has a "fix as fail" injector issue with some M7060s. WhiteTiger has posted this a couple of times and I had saved and now it's lost. Had serial number ranges affected. Hopefully he sees this and posts it again. Your dealer should know of it.

Reactions: 1 users