Loader Experts? Lift Capacity Charts

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
looking for help interpreting lift capacity chart for the LA525 loader to help settle a bet.

Question: Why the 2 curves?

chart showing at ground level curves either approx. 850kg or 1,200 kg. I am guessing 1200kg at pins and 850kgs at certain distance forward of pins but I am only guessing. Any experts can render truth?

1650063369295.png

Last edited:

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Not an expert, but this is the preceding page:
4B37E056-1276-4C39-A9F9-B452D41E0C92.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
Yes one line is at pins and other line is almost 2 feet forward (the more realistic number). They assume you are using a ~350lb bucket in the numbers. Basically, you can lift ~850 LB in your bucket full height. With the stock bucket, the weight is pretty close to pins. It's very difficult to overfill the bucket to exceed what the tractor is capable. You can heap it with gravel and still be able to lift all the way up. If you heap it with thick wet clay, you'll still be able to lift all the way up, but it wont feel very safe moving on slopes/dumps even with ballast. You can lower it down low and move it around no problem slowly though.

The tractor can lift 1000-1200 LB 4-5 foot in the air on 350 LB pallet forks from my own testing/experience, though you don't want to transport at this height because backend feels light even with backhoe, however moving ~1k LB 2 feet off ground and 2 feet from pins (48 pallet using forks with weight centered) is very easy and doable (with rear ballast, which for me is filled tires and backhoe).

A very important factor is how far the weight is out is you're trying to lift. Further away from pins and higher up is more difficult and less safe.

With a grapple, you're able to get the weight really close to pins. This means you can lift surprising heavy logs. This tractor can lift 2k logs no problem a few feet off the ground. If you tried the same with pallet forks halt way, it can't even get it off the ground. Distance from pins is a HUGE difference.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
Yes one line is at pins and other line is almost 2 feet forward (the more realistic number). They assume you are using a ~350lb bucket in the numbers. Basically, you can lift ~850 LB in your bucket full height. With the stock bucket, the weight is pretty close to pins. It's very difficult to overfill the bucket to exceed what the tractor is capable. You can heap it with gravel and still be able to lift all the way up. If you heap it with thick wet clay, you'll still be able to lift all the way up, but it wont feel very safe moving on slopes/dumps even with ballast. You can lower it down low and move it around no problem slowly though.

The tractor can lift 1000-1200 LB 4-5 foot in the air on 350 LB pallet forks from my own testing/experience, though you don't want to transport at this height because backend feels light even with backhoe, however moving ~1k LB 2 feet off ground and 2 feet from pins (48 pallet using forks with weight centered) is very easy and doable (with rear ballast, which for me is filled tires and backhoe).

A very important factor is how far the weight is out is you're trying to lift. Further away from pins and higher up is more difficult and less safe.

With a grapple, you're able to get the weight really close to pins. This means you can lift surprising heavy logs. This tractor can lift 2k logs no problem a few feet off the ground. If you tried the same with pallet forks halt way, it can't even get it off the ground. Distance from pins is a HUGE difference.
to your point about distance. Picture is my B2601 with 960 lbs of rubber mulch with 200 lb forks. B2601 is rated at ~950 lbs at the pin at full height.

This thing was maxed out and I was only able to get it a few inches off the ground, but given that there’s over 200 lbs of weight 4’ from the pin, I was pretty impressed. Saved me a a couple trips.

71CA2FDD-C77C-46FD-8647-246C186ACCE9.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user