Build My Kubota - Mounting Base with Valve Kits - MX5400 - Question please help????

HuntIL2

Mar 31, 2022
Illinois
Here's another question. Do you have a box scrape or a grading scraper?

I have a pretty decent gravel driveway. Plus miles of trails in the timber and around the fields so I'm debating which one is better.

Last edited:

MOOTS

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Here's another question. Do you have a box scrape or a grading scraper?

I have a pretty decent gravel driveway. Plus miles of trails in the timber and around the fields so I'm debating which one is better.
I personally have this box blade. I have used a Dirt Dog land plane at work on our gravel lots. New construction and leveling a site/moving material the box blade shines, up keep of established roads the landplane wins every time

Now I'm not saying you cant use a box to smooth a driveway, it just takes more input from operator.. Land plane is essentially drop and drive.

HuntIL2

Mar 31, 2022
Illinois
I personally have this box blade. I have used a Dirt Dog land plane at work on our gravel lots. New construction and leveling a site/moving material the box blade shines, up keep of established roads the landplane wins every time

Now I'm not saying you cant use a box to smooth a driveway, it just takes more input from operator.. Land plane is essentially drop and drive.
OK my thought was exactly what you said. Most of my "roads" and the gravel driveway are already established so it's really maintenance.

HuntIL2

Mar 31, 2022
Illinois
On to Quick-Hitches....so the MX5400 is CAT 1 & CAT 2. If I buy a quick hitch CAT 2 will that work with CAT 1 attachments/implements?

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
HuntIL2 I would do some calling around of dealers and see if anyone has a tractor in stock. Back last summer when I was tractor shopping the difference in price between the MX-5400 and MX-6000 wasn't much so I bought a MX-6000 a dealer had in a crate. Spent a day in the pickup with the trailer to get but it was thousands cheaper and I could get it right away. You will need the weights and a weight on the three point or fluid in the tires. I have the weights on mine but could use some fluid in the tires. When I use my fork lift forks it gets pretty light in rear.

HuntIL2

Mar 31, 2022
Illinois
HuntIL2 I would do some calling around of dealers and see if anyone has a tractor in stock. Back last summer when I was tractor shopping the difference in price between the MX-5400 and MX-6000 wasn't much so I bought a MX-6000 a dealer had in a crate. Spent a day in the pickup with the trailer to get but it was thousands cheaper and I could get it right away. You will need the weights and a weight on the three point or fluid in the tires. I have the weights on mine but could use some fluid in the tires. When I use my fork lift forks it gets pretty light in rear.

Thanks hedgerow! So if I get rear wheel weights and fluid in the tires do you think that will work? or do I need that plus a weight on the three point (box scraper etc)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
OK my thought was exactly what you said. Most of my "roads" and the gravel driveway are already established so it's really maintenance.
I have the same box blade as @Matt Ellerbee but also have a Land Pride rear blade and EA land leveler. I maintain about 400 yards of gravel driveway and the land leveler is the best of the three .... by far the best. I sold the rear blade recently but still have it. I won't sell the other two.

Reactions: 1 user

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Thanks hedgerow! So if I get rear wheel weights and fluid in the tires do you think that will work? or do I need that plus a weight on the three point (box scraper etc)
I think if you have the six weights and the fluid you should be ok most of the time. I currently just have the six weights and with dirt in the bucket its ok. But I put my skid loader pallet forks on and the rear gets pretty light real quick that loader on a MX-6000 will pickup up a heavy load with the forks. I plan on adding some fluid in the rear tires this spring. I don't want to hook up my shredder ever time I want to pickup a heavy load with the forks. I don't have a blade or box scraper for mine as I have a 100 HP skid loader to do my grading with. I do a ton of spot spraying with my MX-6000 during the spring, summer and fall months.