F##kin FORDS!

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I never had anything that long so I wouldn’t know what that’s like. I always think I’m going to keep ‘em but then move on to something else.
Oh my insurance agent loves me. I dont have pictures of my Gto but this picture was a friends, mine exactly the same but Yellow with black stripes. I need to finish it now i have the time. I met this guy at a Randolph swap meet back in the day. I bought doors from him as he had extras.
00c094f64144581c47615e6fb61aad7b.jpg
We stayed in contact afterwards. He finished his.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Oh my insurance agent loves me. I dont have pictures of my Gto but this picture was a friends, mine exactly the same but Yellow with black stripes. I need to finish it now i have the time. I met this guy at a Randolph swap meet back in the day. I bought doors from him as he had extras. View attachment 77349 We stayed in contact afterwards. He finished his.
Electric cars will never be like these. Best running car i had with a carb was the Torino Gt with the 390 4bbl. Ran as well as my ls1 in my Trans am. Both manual. Gm cars rusted so bad....Gto was ex wifes aunts car. Was 8 yrars old. Door bottoms going. Bottom of quarters and trunk floor. Now 8 year old cars look new still.

Reactions: 1 user

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Electric cars will never be like these. Best running car i had with a carb was the Torino Gt with the 390 4bbl. Ran as well as my ls1 in my Trans am. Both manual. Gm cars rusted so bad....Gto was ex wifes aunts car. Was 8 yrars old. Door bottoms going. Bottom of quarters and trunk floor. Now 8 year old cars look new still.
Good ole boat anchor 390. I had one in a Cougar GT. I was a dope and built it like a road race car. Lotsa fun but just a nightmare on the street for any practical use. Good times…….

My buddy’s brother has an orange Judge (I think it is technically called red). Spotless example but I don’t really know much about ‘em.

Here’s the ‘67 Cougar GT 4spd and some of my other side pieces. The MINI JCW was like driving a go cart and the VW was AWD and one of the funnest cars I’ve had. I like anything that makes me giggle when I turn the key.
CDCA1C89-40FC-4D60-9CED-5BA77ECC2FD8.jpeg
65834880-EB5E-46E6-B537-965A39945412.jpeg
529390C2-F0A1-45C5-85C4-183D6ABB2EDF.jpeg
A2F4E7EA-00C4-4A78-ABD6-2B8642860531.jpeg
8328479A-B8C3-45A0-9B26-15A85AF34640.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Good ole boat anchor 390. I had one in a Cougar GT. I was a dope and built it like a road race car. Lotsa fun but just a nightmare on the street for any practical use. Good times…….

My buddy’s brother has an orange Judge (I think it is technically called red). Spotless example but I don’t really know much about ‘em.

Here’s the ‘67 Cougar GT 4spd and some of my other side pieces. The MINI JCW was like driving a go cart and the VW was AWD and one of the funnest cars I’ve had. I like anything that makes me giggle when I turn the key.
View attachment 77361 View attachment 77350 View attachment 77354 View attachment 77357 View attachment 77359
Nice

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
2013 mini cooper S with 40K on it, minor front end 'tin' damage so car's being parted out. fun ride being turbo and stick, oh well.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
idiotic prices for 'tin' (hood,fender,grille),intercooler, few 'special' nutz and fasteners
might grab the perfect leather setas and use on the BX23S though..not a total loss
wondering what I could use the engine for as well...

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
idiotic prices for 'tin' (hood,fender,grille),intercooler, few 'special' nutz and fasteners
might grab the perfect leather setas and use on the BX23S though..not a total loss
wondering what I could use the engine for as well...
did they offer it to you ? could get used parts maybe if so. issue is then its a restored or salvaged title.
I have a 2018 Ram 1500. someone at grocery store backed into the passenger bedside in Feb. I had to fight to get it fixed without body filler. They agreed to replace bedside. Bed is only 5'7 long was my argument since crew cab. Dent to feather in meant entire panel would be worked. They offered me money to not fix it. I said no. Was 3100.00 I told shop I would pay if need be start the job. They finally agreed after many calls to their portion of 2600.00.
Insurance sucks. Its now the same as it was from factory.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
re: did they offer it to you ? could get used parts maybe if so. issue is then its a restored or salvaged title.

have title, ownership, aka 'pink slip'. starts runs drives fine. Parts are 'unique' to cooper s version are $$$$ sit down when you lookup airbags for it BTW.
Not 'branded', never went through insurance, so 'squeaky clean' that way.
I'm hoping wants it's all sold of as parts, I'll get enough to buy a good FC-150.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
re: did they offer it to you ? could get used parts maybe if so. issue is then its a restored or salvaged title.

have title, ownership, aka 'pink slip'. starts runs drives fine. Parts are 'unique' to cooper s version are $$$$ sit down when you lookup airbags for it BTW.
Not 'branded', never went through insurance, so 'squeaky clean' that way.
I'm hoping wants it's all sold of as parts, I'll get enough to buy a good FC-150.
I see...hope you can do something with it. Never had 1 but they look cool.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Well...

I done pulled a boneheaded move.

When I got my Mustang coupe back from paint in January, I reassembled it and started driving it. Sold my 2019 Ecoboost Mustang to a dealer for a sizable "profit" and drove the Fox.

When I put the Fox back together, some people asked me on another forum to post a picture of it. So I did. Some folks were saying that the trim and color options made it sorta rare. Big deal. I drove it anyway. Daily.

I forgot that I had placed an ad about a year or so ago (maybe 2 year?) of it being for sale. Some smart guy got wind of it and messaged me about it asking if it was for sale. It was on the farsebook marketplace. I give him my number and we talked. I said it "could" be for sale but it won't be cheap. I priced it at $10,500. Guy said ok when can I pick it up? Crap I backed myself into a hole!

I also learn't that on farsebook marketplace if you have an ad and it sits there with no views, it just kinda goes to the wayside. But as soon as one person messages you about it, the ad is then activated and I guess placed near the top of the search? Dunno. But within 24 hours I had 17 people wanting it right now. There were two people who were geniunely serious. The one (I'll call him JD) and then the other guy who was local, I'll call him "luke". JD offered me $10,500. Luke wanted it bad. So I called Luke back and said hey this guy just offered me $10,500 and says he can get here Saturday. Luke says I'll give you $11,000 and I can be there Sat morning. Crap! Called JD back and said Luke offered me $11,000 cash for it and can get it Saturday. Figured he'd get all upset. Nope, said I'll give you $12,000 cash, I'm 4 1/2 hours away. So I called Luke back. At this point it's just comical. Luke says I don't have that much money, $11,500 is all I have to my name.

So what do I do? Sell it or keep/drive it?

I have my old F250 diesel and also have my 92 Mustang GT that I can drive, plus about 4 more cars that unmentionable (came from a junkyard, but they all run & drive just fine). My dad drives one or two, my brother, mom, they all share them when they want to. All but my truck and the GT.

I told JD come get it if you are serious but no screwing around. If you aint' got the money (cash) or can't get it, hang up now and I'll keep it.

Guy showed up Saturday at 2:00 our time, I helped him load it and he drove off.

Now then I kinda want to replace the Ecoboost I sold with another one but wouldn't you know? Can't find one! They all wanna sell me GT's and they're all $45,000+, and I have a self-imposed $35,000 budget MAX, which "should" buy a new one.

I found a bunch of 100A packages (stripped basic versions) and a bunch of 201A high performance pacakge versions which are as much as a GT. I don't want the HPP. Nothing in the Premium 200A....EXCEPT, two in Florida. One of them is one of the colors I want. I don't want black, white, orange, or red. Blues I can stand. Silver is nice. Gray even better (antimatter I think they call it?)-which is what the one in Florida is.

I've never bought a vehicle out of state so I'm hesitant. It's 13 hours drive one way. And the price is right within my budget. Just my luck.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Well...

When I got my Mustang coupe back from paint in January, I reassembled it and started driving it. Sold my 2019 Ecoboost Mustang to a dealer for a sizable "profit" and drove the Fox.

When I put the Fox back together, some people asked me on another forum to post a picture of it. So I did. Some folks were saying that the trim and color options made it sorta rare. Big deal. I drove it anyway. Daily.

I forgot that I had placed an ad about a year or so ago (maybe 2 year?) of it being for sale. Some smart guy got wind of it and messaged me about it asking if it was for sale. It was on the farsebook marketplace. I give him my number and we talked. I said it "could" be for sale but it won't be cheap. I priced it at $10,500. Guy said ok when can I pick it up? Crap I backed myself into a hole!

I also learn't that on farsebook marketplace if you have an ad and it sits there with no views, it just kinda goes to the wayside. But as soon as one person messages you about it, the ad is then activated and I guess placed near the top of the search? Dunno. But within 24 hours I had 17 people wanting it right now. There were two people who were geniunely serious. The one (I'll call him JD) and then the other guy who was local, I'll call him "luke". JD offered me $10,500. Luke wanted it bad. So I called Luke back and said hey this guy just offered me $10,500 and says he can get here Saturday. Luke says I'll give you $11,000 and I can be there Sat morning. Crap! Called JD back and said Luke offered me $11,000 cash for it and can get it Saturday. Figured he'd get all upset. Nope, said I'll give you $12,000 cash, I'm 4 1/2 hours away. So I called Luke back. At this point it's just comical. Luke says I don't have that much money, $11,500 is all I have to my name.

I have my old F250 diesel and also have my 92 Mustang GT that I can drive, plus about 4 more cars that unmentionable (came from a junkyard, but they all run & drive just fine). My dad drives one or two, my brother, mom, they all share them when they want to. All but my truck and the GT.

I told JD come get it if you are serious but no screwing around. If you aint' got the money (cash) or can't get it, hang up now and I'll keep it.

Now then I kinda want to replace the Ecoboost I sold with another one but wouldn't you know? Can't find one! They all wanna sell me GT's and they're all $45,000+, and I have a self-imposed $35,000 budget MAX, which "should" buy a new one.

I found a bunch of 100A packages (stripped basic versions) and a bunch of 201A high performance pacakge versions which are as much as a GT. I don't want the HPP. Nothing in the Premium 200A....EXCEPT, two in Florida. One of them is one of the colors I want. I don't want black, white, orange, or red. Blues I can stand. Silver is nice. Gray even better (antimatter I think they call it?)-which is what the one in Florida is.

I've never bought a vehicle out of state so I'm hesitant. It's 13 hours drive one way. And the price is right within my budget. Just my luck.
I live in Ohio was looking at a car in Texas a month ago. For around 1200.00 they would ship.it in a van not open flat bed car hauler. That was less.
you could fly and drive the car back maybe as well.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
At least you have OPTIONS ! I decided last year to downsize from F150 to a Ranger. Only 4wd versions in lots, goto Website...NO 2wd,ask brother(he test drives vehicles ), says no 2wd in Canada. Millions south of the 49th. So I ask the feds ,can I import and tag one ? NOPE,can't be done.
I don't need or want 4wd, drove '67 Stangs in winter here. Can't find a full size replacement for my '97 F150 Reg cab,sht box, XLT,2WD. Oh well.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
At least you have OPTIONS ! I decided last year to downsize from F150 to a Ranger. Only 4wd versions in lots, goto Website...NO 2wd,ask brother(he test drives vehicles ), says no 2wd in Canada. Millions south of the 49th. So I ask the feds ,can I import and tag one ? NOPE,can't be done.
I don't need or want 4wd, drove '67 Stangs in winter here. Can't find a full size replacement for my '97 F150 Reg cab,sht box, XLT,2WD. Oh well.
Thats amazing, you cant import 1. Even a dealer ? I think my cars were made in Canada.
Regulations are crazy.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Actually talked to real person about this in Ottawa. Call me cynical but since a 4wd gets lousy mileage compared to a 2wd.. dealer gets more on the sale, and guv gets huge taxes on gas guzzlin 4wd
Everyone wins, cept the consumer...

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Actually talked to real person about this in Ottawa. Call me cynical but since a 4wd gets lousy mileage compared to a 2wd.. dealer gets more on the sale, and guv gets huge taxes on gas guzzlin 4wd
Everyone wins, cept the consumer...
May be right. Plus here in the states we pay gas guzzler tax.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
May be right. Plus here in the states we pay gas guzzler tax.
I just did a 50 mile search for new and used from 2020 from my zip code. Zero new 11 used. 4x4 by contrast was 250 125 new in the same area. Im guessing Ford reduced production of 2 wheel drive as 4x4 is more poular. Base price to order a 2 wheel drive is 26000.00 2.3 liter manual. Up from there.

What about Carvana type dealers ? All online ? Not sure if they service canada though.
I agree its very strange.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Well...

No big deal with an out of state purchase. Just need title and bill of sale.

Arkansas doesn't even do a VIN verification.

Easy breezy as long as you don't go to the tag office this time of year where every knuckle head and there brother has their tax refund burning a hole in their pocket. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 So.... in other words expect big long lines or get there before they open.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
No big deal with an out of state purchase. Just need title and bill of sale.

Arkansas doesn't even do a VIN verification.

Easy breezy as long as you don't go to the tag office this time of year where every knuckle head and there brother has their tax refund burning a hole in their pocket. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 So.... in other words expect big long lines or get there before they open.
Just pay sales tax when get it home.at least here in Ohio.