Forum Names and Avatars?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Witness protection agent gave me my name. My real name is Luca Brasi. The story goes that " I sleep with the fish".

Reactions: 4 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
EDRitchey = 1st two initials + Last name (Eric David Ritchey) The bad thing about it is it makes people think my 1st name is Ed a lot of the time.

I switch up avatars depending what piece of equipment I feel like looking at for awhile. :)

Reactions: 1 user

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
The x has nothing to do with SpaceX. But in the last few years working for NASA there was so much BS that I was dealing with, that maybe my screen name should have been xrocketbureaucrat.
I have a very unique and exclusive avatar as a symbol of my screen name.

Reactions: 3 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
EDRitchey = 1st two initials + Last name (Eric David Ritchey) The bad thing about it is it makes people think my 1st name is Ed a lot of the time.

I switch up avatars depending what piece of equipment I feel like looking at for awhile. :)
I thought it was Erectile Dysfunction Really itchey!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
25 years as Sheriff's Search And Rescue. Tracking, Technical High Angle Rescue, Navigation, Scuba Diving. Avatar is of a ParrotHead, or a Jimmy Buffett fan.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
The x has nothing to do with SpaceX. But in the last few years working for NASA there was so much BS that I was dealing with, that maybe my screen name should have been xrocketbureaucrat.
I have a very unique and exclusive avatar as a symbol of my screen name.
My father in law is a retired guidance engineer who worked for Lochead missle and space for 40 years. Sometimes in the skunk works. My wife is named after one of the missles he worked on, the "Genie".
My handle is self explanatory.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
After reading this thread, which was quite interesting, I feel almost negligent in not putting some thought into a more deeply meaningful screen name and/or avatar.

Screen name: I live in North Carolina and my primary connection to this forum is my L4701, which I purchased several months prior to discovering OTT. Didn’t have any screen names or avatars prior to here, so the only consideration was the relationship to this forum.

Avatar: The first significant project for the L (past a few “getting to know the machine” odd jobs) was rehabbing the long neglected road that services the three houses on the property. That’s just the normal view over the hood of the L, but the road is vastly different from what it looked like that morning. Again, just something ancillary to the relationship with the forum with no real meaning to anyone here other than me.

My father, who lives 100 yards from us, was in a nursing home for about a year due some health issues (he’s home now and active again) so I was taking a bunch of pictures of the work on the property to send to him to keep him feeling connected to us and the property to the degree practical. That provided photos for me to post here as well. Since he’s been home, I have a tendency to take fewer photos. It’s also why we have very few “before” photos. Unless it was a new issue, he already knew what “before” looked like.

To all but a handful of people, the avatar photo probably looks like an orange tractor driving down a gravel road that could use a little more touching up (which it did get). Dad knew I had finished the regrading of the road and ditches the day before as he had to pics of the recut ditches and crowned base from the evening before. He also knew about 170 tons of gravel was scheduled for delivery to top dress it the day of the avatar photo, but had no clue how it was going. The pic was taken about 3:30 so, before he got tied up in his evening routine at the nursing home, he could see it wasn’t finished but things were coming together as planned. I joined here not long after so the pic was still pretty fresh at the time.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The Kid worked with the Sheriffs office in 29 palms for some time on horse back as a volunteer. She says in the high desert SAR stands for search and recovery as there are very few rescues

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
I have had this thing for about 30 years. Goes in the garage every once in a while to get “torn down again” for something major. Currently building a 40x50 shop for the RV and have already ordered a 4 post lift specifically so that I can change the frame over. Will likely weld in a couple of floor pieces too. Always something with the old gal.

Avatar pic just easily identifies where I am at with this BS Covid nonsense.

Attachments

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
No avatar but Benhameen is Benjamin in Spanish. At least that’s how my buddies house keeper said it when we were growing up. He still calls me Benhameen but it’s all I could think of when i first got online and didn’t want to use my real name.
I use the same name no matter which forum im on. A couple years ago I met up with a group from the FJR forum I frequent, no one said anything but I did get a couple funny looks. Like my user name didn’t match up to the face, I am white as all get out.

i have always been curious to match up faces to user names which I know a lot of folks are a little weary of posting.
Something else I think about is what someone would sound like if they were speaking instead of typing. I know when I hear myself talk I think I sound like I’m from the south but when I go down south they think I sound like a yankee.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
NH for New Hampshire the Sleddog is a long story involving me, my snowmobile and an injured dog from a dogsled team. After that episode, the nickname was given to me.

The avatar is a few racks of servers sitting in a data center (my day job). Funny how on tv the data center is always ultra high tech "hip". The reality is they are really loud, really cold and generally an unpleasant place to be.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I wanted to use the same avatar as I use at TBN, but could not find the original picture, and the resolution of the avatar at TBN was poor, so decided to use a picture of the hardest worker at my place instead...

Edit: "Honest honey, I meant the hardest worker OUTSIDE the house..." :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
My screen name is how some of the locals pronounce my name (Jim) here in the "PA Dutch" part of PA. Some people around these parts say "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much" :)

The avatar is nothing special. The current one is the L4240 wearing its Winter outfit.

Henro, your picture on TBN reminds me a lot of a guy from back East here that I used to work with.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
My partner and I were nicknamed "Gumby & Pokey", 1416 was my badge number. Guess it's obvious I was the darn horse! We kept the bendable toys with us and (when doubled) would "bend" each one behind either passenger or driver seat for our shift.

• Haha

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Mine is more situational based. I live in a house full of women, my dog and other critters are all female. I am completely outnumbered. Although I did marry off one of my daughters a few years ago and gained a son in law but they are 3 hours away. 🍻 At this point in my life, I would not change one thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Keegan was a very special German Shepherd Dog that I lost much too soon.
I really miss my previous dog, a GSD, Chico. The best dog I ever had. He was given to me because the previous owner claimed that he would not behave. He was the best behaved dog we ever had and he almost seemed that he could read our minds. Very obedient, loyal and he would even give himself a "time out" when he did something wrong! Totally useless as a guard dog but he wanted to be everybody's friend. Unlike my current GSD/Greyhound mix that seems to be a useless oversized cat.
We got him at a time when I had just lost my dad and he was a great distraction. He lasted only about two years with us and died of cancer. Ironically, the previous owner got the dog when they lost their young son to cancer but somehow, they did not manage to bond with the dog.
IMG_6443.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Mine should be pretty easy to decipher, but if I have you scratching your head my avatar is a clue.