Snow Blower Chute Rotation Kit Model #B2784A

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hello,

Has anyone ever installed a Kubota snowblower chute rotation kit (kit model #B2784A) on their snowblower? I am specifically looking to get information and some photos of what the hydraulic motor portion of this kit looks like.

The model number of just the hydraulic motor from this kit is # 77700-01654.

I greatly appreciate any and all photos of what this setup looks like.
Andrew

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello,

Has anyone ever installed a Kubota snowblower chute rotation kit (kit model #B2784A) on their snowblower? I am specifically looking to get information and some photos of what the hydraulic motor portion of this kit looks like.

The model number of just the hydraulic motor from this kit is # 77700-01654.

I greatly appreciate any and all photos of what this setup looks like.
Andrew
Just a motor and gear that bolt to the housing.

Dan

77700-00775.jpg

HYD_Rotation.jpg

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the images. For the life of me i can't figure out the GPM rating on that pump for this kit; i even called the dealership to see if they can look it up, no luck.

if anyone out there knows the GPM for this pump i would love to know.

Thanks

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey Dan,

Thanks for the images. For the life of me i can't figure out the GPM rating on that pump for this kit; i even called the dealership to see if they can look it up, no luck.

if anyone out there knows the GPM for this pump i would love to know.

Thanks

Its used on tractors with maximum flows in the 4-6 GPM range so that should be a clue. I suspect a couple gallon a minute is adequate for the snow blower application. Here is something similar:

Dan

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There has to be something magical about that hydraulic motor because it doesn't tear up the gear on the chute. I made my own turning device 15+ years ago, and that was the biggest problem. The hydraulic motor had too much power and would break the turning mechanism when it came to the stop on the chute. I put restrictors on the hoses, and they helped to slow the motor, but it still had too much power. The solution was to cut more gears into the chute. The new snowblower with the hydraulic motor has all those problems solved.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
There has to be something magical about that hydraulic motor because it doesn't tear up the gear on the chute. I made my own turning device 15+ years ago, and that was the biggest problem. The hydraulic motor had too much power and would break the turning mechanism when it came to the stop on the chute. I put restrictors on the hoses, and they helped to slow the motor, but it still had too much power. The solution was to cut more gears into the chute. The new snowblower with the hydraulic motor has all those problems solved.
According to the description it has a built in crossover relief. When I read that I wondered what the purpose was and now we know.

Dan

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada

I think your right about some kind of magic. I also have tried to create my own chute rotation method and I have already blown 2 hydraulic bi-rotational pumps. Both rated for 12.7gpm with 3580psi rating.
I'm going to try the actual product the deal sells and see what happens. If I blow this motor than I am going to change my design to a cylinder rotation.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I think your right about some kind of magic. I also have tried to create my own chute rotation method and I have already blown 2 hydraulic bi-rotational pumps. Both rated for 12.7gpm with 3580psi rating.
I'm going to try the actual product the deal sells and see what happens. If I blow this motor than I am going to change my design to a cylinder rotation.
I thought you resolved that problem.

Dan

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I just finished my own chute rotation conversion and deflector conversion. It was too intimating for me as a hydraulic dummy to use that. I opted for electric conversion - motor for the chute, actuator for the deflector. Fun project, easy to do, best of all it works!

Mad Bubbler

Equipment
Kubota MX5100 HST
Mar 18, 2015
Ontario, Canada
I just finished my own chute rotation conversion and deflector conversion. It was too intimating for me as a hydraulic dummy to use that. I opted for electric conversion - motor for the chute, actuator for the deflector. Fun project, easy to do, best of all it works!
I would love to see some photos of your set up if you are able to share.

I am also a hydraulic dummy, so i have my fingers crossed that this new set up works; at the very least i hope the relief valve prevents the motor from blowing like the others if it decides not to work.

Also, if this 3rd motor set up doesn't work i am going to change my full design to a hydraulic piston for the rotation. Forget this nonsense! lol

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I would love to see some photos of your set up if you are able to share.

I am also a hydraulic dummy, so i have my fingers crossed that this new set up works; at the very least i hope the relief valve prevents the motor from blowing like the others if it decides not to work.

Also, if this 3rd motor set up doesn't work i am going to change my full design to a hydraulic piston for the rotation. Forget this nonsense! lol
Take a look at these 2 short videos. If you have any questions PM me, I'd be happy to help.

video 1
video 2

Last edited: