What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I sent my BX2360 to a new home and accepted cash in return. Now the waiting for my B2601 has reached a new level of preoccupation.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Just got done raking some hay and fixing to go bale after a quick break. Have about 20 more acres to rake and bale tomorrow. :D

RCW, sometimes it's hard to be a good neighbor but I applaud your effort. ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Rcw, I try to help the neighbors when ever I can also :) But there are two neighbors I don't help anymore :rolleyes: The guy at the end of the road and I don't get along, and the guy in the rental next door is sooooo lazy :mad: I'm not gonna do it for them when they are capable.

Now the old lady that lives on the corner has the best baked goods in the area :D I usually trade labor for dutch apple pies :p The other two neighbors and I help each other out :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
RCW, sometimes it's hard to be a good neighbor but I applaud your effort. ;)
Bulldog - thanks.

We are 4 hours from the NYC metro area, New Jersey, Connecticut.

We get many "transplants" that don't see things the way I do.

I get along with all my neighbors, but others do conflict with these folks.

I've gotten some guff from others for helping "them," but I honestly couldn't do otherwise. It's what neighbors do...........;)

If only more of us were farmers at some point in their life......

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Rcw, I try to help the neighbors when ever I can also :)
True, Daren. These folks are not the favorites of the neighborhood. I think they are New Jersey transplants, and have pissed several other neighbors off.

Just before I bought my BX2360, I took a quart of maple syrup to another neighbor, because I tapped some of his maple trees. He's born and raised here.

He has 2006-era BX with a backhoe, never takes it off.

I told him I was looking at BX, same tractor, but couldn't justify the cost of the backhoe.

He said "key is always in it, take it when you need it." :cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Bulldog - thanks.

We get many "transplants" that don't see things the way I do.

If only more of us were farmers at some point in their life......
I've got some new transplants that just bought part of the field across the road from my mom's house. I've cut it for hay as long as I can remember. They have started to build and put T post up along their line as markers which blocked a strip about 150' wide by 300 yds long of some great hay. I went over and met them trying to be a nice neighbor and offered to cut it this time just to get the tall grass out of their way. I suggested if they would simply take up all the center post but leave the corner markers I would cut it for them and get it out of the way. In my mind I thought it would be a win for all. I get the hay and they would have it cut for free. I mean we are only talking about 3 or 4 post and some string ran between them.

You would have thought I smacked him with a wet fish or something. "I don't want a tractor running thru my yard" he says. Fine by me, after all it's his property. You should see them out there on a JD riding mower trying to cut waste high grass. Oh well, I guess some people just can't be helped.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My all time favorite is seeing someone buy a piece of property by a dairy farm in the winter. Having no idea what that honey pit is gonna smell like come spring time when it get's stirred up and spread :D:D Those folks didn't like it too much when they would gripe to someone about the smell and get told "well, you did build next to a dairy farm" :rolleyes:

fast*st

Equipment
M7040, L2900, F550 ford, Yanmar vio70 excavator, Case 580, JD 350 dozer, JD 644E
Jun 26, 2012
Northern Mass
Boy isn't that the truth, they plop a McMansion next to a local Fred Sanford and then start complaining to all four winds, or next to any kind of farm and file complaints against the smell. Worse yet is getting a nice orchard view and trying to stop them from spraying anything, can't they just use a paint brush.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Dragged an 8'c channel down my driveway, about a 30 degree angle and c part down. Two edges dragging really filled the holes nicely. Good i got it done before the inch of rain.

I help my neighbors whenever they ask. Dont matter whether i like them or not. One guy keeps his driveway clear to the asphalt, i go plow out his elderly neoghbor a couple times a winter.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Having no idea what that honey pit is gonna smell like come spring time when it get's stirred up and spread :D:D
Our twins graduated from Cornell Memorial Day weekend.

We had a cookout here for their boyfriends' families. One family is big-city, other is California, and not Dairy country.

Two cow shit trucks were running by all day, hauling from a neighbor's pit.:eek: Probably 50 trips each. :eek:

Doesn't bother us - they stink a little as they go by - but others might be more "sensitive."

I was shocked - nobody said a word!!:p:p

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My all time favorite is seeing someone buy a piece of property by a dairy farm in the winter. Having no idea what that honey pit is gonna smell like come spring time when it get's stirred up and spread :D:D Those folks didn't like it too much when they would gripe to someone about the smell and get told "well, you did build next to a dairy farm" :rolleyes:
Around here it's people buying land in the woods with a perfect Forest view; Then they get all up set over the wildlife invading there space and eating their new flowers; The logging trucks running down their nice quite country road; and oh boy do they loose it when they log the land, and poof, there goes their Beautiful view, it's now stump city!

Or they buy a property cheap partly because of the junk on the land next door and because it's on a poor county road: They throw a fit because the county won't clean it up the private property next door and they won't grade and fill their cow trail road everytime it gets one rut or hole. :eek::p:rolleyes::D

otter

Equipment
L3800, LA524 loader, BH77 backhoe, thumb, box blade small wood lot log grapple
Sep 26, 2014
Chase, Alaska
Put the battery in on May 6th, after the L3800 sat all winter...started right up.
Installed the Piranha tooth bar, Kens bolt on hooks with shackles and a canopy.

Then it was time to get to work;
Used the box blade to repair 3.6 miles of ATV trail.
Felled, cut and hauled 8 trees while clearing a barn site.
Dug the 8 stumps and pushed all brush, stumps and branches into a burn pile for this winter's hot dog roast.
Helped a neighbor repair 1/4 mile of ATV trail and complete a re-route.
Landscaped around a guest cabin.

Why did I wait so long to get this tractor?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Around here it's people buying land in the woods with a perfect Forest view; Then they get all up set over the wildlife invading there space and eating their new flowers; The logging trucks running down their nice quite country road; and oh boy do they loose it when they log the land, and poof, there goes their Beautiful view, it's now stump city!

Or they buy a property cheap partly because of the junk on the land next door and because it's on a poor county road: They throw a fit because the county won't clean it up the private property next door and they won't grade and fill their cow trail road everytime it gets one rut or hole. :eek::p:rolleyes::D

Yup, that sounds about right. Your pretty much damned if you do, damned if you don't. :rolleyes: I used to see that a lot in vermont too. Used to read in the paper about someone going ballistic because international paper came in and harvested some trees on one of there properties.
My neighbor complains about our road :rolleyes: We were a private street until two months ago when they finally brought it into the county. He built his house next door and moved in about six months before I bought my place. My only complaint to the county is the water we get down our ditch. They came in and put an 18" culvert in on a right of way down from us. Everyone else on my side of the road has at least two 24" culverts to handle the water. They backed up the ditch and kept washing out our driveways :mad: I got mad last year and poured ten yards of concrete to fix the end of my driveway and sent them a bill and a bunch of pictures :D:D Bought fell over when they sent me a check for half the concrete :cool:

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada

I live in rural manitoba,roads all gravel. I hate it when they grade the road past my house,then all the wound tight people can go 60 mph past my house. When its rough they slow down.
They move out from the city, want paved roads and street lights. And complaints about the mosquitoes-go back to the big city where its so much better- please!
I grew up in the city, would never go back.

My best friend finally admitted buying the lil kubota was a good idea,backing boats into shop and moving stuff from place to place.

Bank Walker

Equipment
BX25D.
Aug 27, 2014
Tn
I drove to the Kubota dealer and bought some shims to increase my hydraulic pressure on the bx25d. I also bought a tool box to store my hammer, crescent wrench, measuring tape, pipe wrench, screw drivers and a fist fill of snap rings. It only took a few minutes to mount. I grew tired of tools laying in my floorboard during projects.

While there I test drove a new riding mower (T1880) for my wife to use while I mow the pastures. I liked it, the motor seemed weak but adequate for the lawn. The literature on it mentioned it was a single cylinder. I did a little more research into the 18hp Kohler Courage engine. Many bad reviews on the web. So, I called two mower repair shops and asked about this motor. Both said they had issues with nylon/resin cam gears in them resulting in oil system failures further resulting in cranked engine blocks. Apparently these are Kohlers lowest end mower engines. I was shocked they had it in the mower at $3598. She wants a mower no larger than 42" with a bagger. No zero turn. Not real sure what I can buy that is quality and not green. It would be super odd to have my Kubota next to a John Deere in the shed.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
cleaned up bx. Family pulled prank about what lurks in barn when not careful. Installed 2 solar lights in barn to use with tractor and trike.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Last year i have bought a new field with 40 olive trees inside, and today even it was a rainy day i had some time to clean the field, nothing special just a small video of the beast in the wet bush,

the video was very nice but the youtube made it with the black sides when i flip it.
kubota cutter