B1550 3point hitch issue

Saskabush

Equipment
B 1550
Nov 28, 2020
Saskatoon
Have a B 1550 4wheel drive std transmission Replaced hydraulic pump ,cleaned transmission oil strainer, and filled with fresh Kubota utd fluid After fluid was installed tractor was allowed to run without moving for 5min Tractor currently has a front mounted snow blower on it with hydraulic lift Blower lifted normally and power steering working normally 3 point hitch lift arms were stored in upright position After about 20 minutes of snow blowing a whining sound was heard from rear of tractor The same sound as you would hear when power steering is cranked all the way in one direction This sound lessened when the joystick was activated and went away completely when the blower was in float position
My 3 point hitch lifting arms are stuck in the upright position
I have tried adjusting the lowering speed control and checked the transmission vent under the seat for blockage
Everything else runs normally no more unusual noises
Any suggestions???

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The sound is a relief valve in the hydraulic system probably. Don’t utilize it much until you get it fixed.

Check into the routing of all pipes that you may have had to take off.

Check the feed back rod on the three point hitch. Probably a rod that attaches to a tab on the short arms that lift the lower arms of the hitch.

Why did you replace the pump? Did you replace it with the same OEM part or put something different on?

Saskabush

Equipment
B 1550
Nov 28, 2020
Saskatoon
The sound is a relief valve in the hydraulic system probably. Don’t utilize it much until you get it fixed.

Check into the routing of all pipes that you may have had to take off.

Check the feed back rod on the three point hitch. Probably a rod that attaches to a tab on the short arms that lift the lower arms of the hitch.

Why did you replace the pump? Did you replace it with the same OEM part or put something different on?
Hi Russell
The pump was changed because I had hydraulic fluid going into engine crankcase I had the same problem 5 years ago after over working the front end loader Changed seals in pump back then and developed the same issue this fall so I decided to change the pump this time around Oem pump from dealership
I am trying to download a service manual I have seen a relief valve noted by the pump Do you know of any others? Only two piping connections and they are routed properly I will check the rod tomorrow

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I am with Russell on this.

Sounds like the control for the 3 pt hitch is staying in the UP position and the feedback system to the valve is not working.

Any chance you have installed a pump which is turning backwards to what it should be?

Look on the second page of the attached pages from the wSM

Dave

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I think there is a relief valve for the three point hitch in the area where the piston and speed adjustment valve is. I am not familiar with your tractor or front end loaders but I believe that there is another relief valve for the front end loader also and it is probably installed in the FEL control valve somewhere.

You may want to break the pump outlet pipe loose and release any pressure on the lines to see if you can get the arms to move down.

Be careful and wear gloves and long sleeves since the pressure can force the fluid through your skin. Also wear safety glasses

Saskabush

Equipment
B 1550
Nov 28, 2020
Saskatoon
I think there is a relief valve for the three point hitch in the area where the piston and speed adjustment valve is. I am not familiar with your tractor or front end loaders but I believe that there is another relief valve for the front end loader also and it is probably installed in the FEL control valve somewhere.

You may want to break the pump outlet pipe loose and release any pressure on the lines to see if you can get the arms to move down.

Be careful and wear gloves and long sleeves since the pressure can force the fluid through your skin. Also wear safety glasses
Hi Russell
Just an update on my 3 pt hitch Tried breaking and depressurization of line .. arms stayed up Then I disconnected the connecting rod linkage and moved both connection points independently and arms dropped Moved leaver to down position and reconnected linkage and arms are working normally
Thx for your suggestions

Saskabush

Equipment
B 1550
Nov 28, 2020
Saskatoon
I am with Russell on this.

Sounds like the control for the 3 pt hitch is staying in the UP position and the feedback system to the valve is not working.

Any chance you have installed a pump which is turning backwards to what it should be?

Look on the second page of the attached pages from the wSM

Dave
Hi Dave
Just an update on my 3 pt hitch Got everything thing working by disconnecting connecting rod linkage working connection points independently and reconnecting linkage I think since the arms were stored up and not moved after the hydraulic oil change to work air out of the system pressure built up to lock the arms up
Thx for your suggestions
Btw I did get a manual download
Saskabush

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Glad you got it working again.

If you can I would do an adjustment on the feedback linkage on the 3PH