New Logsplitter and my Kubota L2350 HELP!

biblebound

Equipment
L2350
Jan 23, 2012
Centreville, MS USA
Today, I purchased a CountyLine 3-point hitch log splitter from Tractor Supply (made by SpeeCo). The splitter utilizes the hydraulic system of the tractor. The problem is, the manual and instructions have zero about specifically setting it up to your tractor. I have done some research and it appears this is a little more sophisticated than I expected. I have a Kubota L2350 w/out a front-end loader (no remotes). Someone told me to located the PBY or "power beyond port", but I can't seem to find one.

Anyone have any experience setting up a log splitter to a tractor like mine?

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Hello,

does the L2350 has only hydraulic connectors for the FEL?
If so the next problem is, that the joy-stick for the FEL will not rest in a position with pressured oil-flow.
I added a valve with 3 ports to my tractor. Two for the FEL and one for additional equipment and that valve is resting in all positions.
Looks like you need something the same.
The redneck-solution would be to remove at one port the lines for the FEL use it for the wood-splitter and hold the handle for the valve with a rope or so in flowing position... But maybe the valve is not designed for that (temperature-issue)
A better solution would be if your FEL valve has an output as a "pressure-link" where you can connect a secound valve (the wood-splitters). But you have to get a drain to the tank in addition.

Maybe its a good time to add some hydraulic at your tractor, so you can add equipment at the FEL and at the 3ph.

der carl

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Unless you plan on using the tractor remotes for other things beside the splitter I would look a different direction.

Add a reservior and a pto driven hyd pump.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
...Add a reservior and a pto driven hyd pump.
That's how it is done by most log splitters. I will do it with my one also.

You have more power, lower rev at high oilflow less fuel consumption.

In the end it's worth to buy and install.

der carl