Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I am getting confused.

Did you replace the regulator or not?

Have you measured battery voltage with the engine running at high rpm's?

Did you replace the battery cables with complete new ones as has been suggested?

Post #2 in this thread you started contains a complete charging system testing procedure.

Have you done the testing procedure?

Why the interest in the fusible link?

To solve electrical problems you need to have a methodical approach which, step by step, narrows down the source of the problem.

To me it seems like you are jumping around and making no progress.

Dave

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Anyone know why the charge light would not be coming on with ignition in on position? Also what all does the 200a fuseable link for to?
If the charge light is not coming on when the ignition key is turned on, the light may be bad, you have a bad ground or bad wiring, or the regulator is defective. The regulator is what controls the indicator lamp.

The 200A fuesabe link provides protection to various electrical systems on the tractor. The reason it's rated so high is because it needs to pass the current the glow plugs require. If the link was open, none of the electronics on the tractor would work.

Slickmullet99

Apr 6, 2020
Bay Minette, AL, US
I am getting confused.

Did you replace the regulator or not?

Yes I did.

Have you measured battery voltage with the engine running at high rpm's?

Not yet.

Did you replace the battery cables with complete new ones as has been suggested?

Yes.

Post #2 in this thread you started contains a complete charging system testing procedure.

Have you done the testing procedure?

No. Haven’t had time as of yet.

Why the interest in the fusible link?

Just for general knowledge. Learning tractor parts.

To solve electrical problems you need to have a methodical approach which, step by step, narrows down the source of the problem.

To me it seems like you are jumping around and making no progress.

Just trying to get an overall idea of how the system works. Not trying to jump around. This is my first tractor.

Dave

Slickmullet99

Apr 6, 2020
Bay Minette, AL, US
If the charge light is not coming on when the ignition key is turned on, the light may be bad, you have a bad ground or bad wiring, or the regulator is defective. The regulator is what controls the indicator lamp.

The 200A fuesabe link provides protection to various electrical systems on the tractor. The reason it's rated so high is because it needs to pass the current the glow plugs require. If the link was open, none of the electronics on the tractor would work.
Thanks for the info. The oil light is brightly lit when the key switch is on and the charge light is very dimly light, barely can see it but it is lit.

N3BP

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Thanks for the info. The oil light is brightly lit when the key switch is on and the charge light is very dimly light, barely can see it but it is lit.
Does it go from dimly lit to off all together when you increase engine RPM?

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Anyone know why the charge light would not be coming on with ignition in on position? Also what all does the 200a fuseable link for to?
Here are some wiring schematics to help you. Also, the Fusible link is probably 40amp, not 200amp.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Incorrect, the owners manual clearly states a 200A fusible link.
Fusible links and slow blow fuses have a color code indicating their rated ampacity.

200 amp fusible link has to be an error.

In some manuals the cross sectional area of the link wire is shown and can be misleading.

Fusible link wire typically has the cross sectional wire area in square millimeters imprinted on the insulation

Fusible link color and current rating.jpg

Fusible link wire info.jpg

slow blow fuse color code.jpg

Dave

N3BP

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Dave,

Both my B7200 and B8200 manuals list it as a 200A fuseible link. I'm guessing they carried that over from the utility world where it's about the right size for a 200A K-link expulsion fuse.... Either that or something was lost in the Japanese to English transcription of the manual.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Dave,

Both my B7200 and B8200 manuals list it as a 200A fuseible link. I'm guessing they carried that over from the utility world where it's about the right size for a 200A K-link expulsion fuse.... Either that or something was lost in the Japanese to English transcription of the manual.
Could you please post photos of the pages from the manuals where the fusible link size is indicated.

The fusible link photo is from the Messicks web site listing for both B7200 and B8200 models.

The green link color denotes a 40 amp fusible link.

forum B7200 fusible.jpg

Dave

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Dave_eng,
So no wire on that tractor is really capable of carrying 200 amps if you ignore the battery cables, correct?