L3301 HST No Crank

BoostN

Equipment
L3560HSTC
Apr 5, 2020
Tennessee
Hello all, newer member here.. I was cutting my field for about 2 hours on Saturday and I stopped to eat lunch... come back about 30 mins later and the tractor will not start. I can turn the key over and nothing.. the dashboard does come on and the gauges sweep like always. I've double checked the PTO is disengaged, even moving it back and forth while trying to start. The pedal is center, even moving it a bit to see if it wasn't dead in the middle.

I'm about 30 mins away and won't be back to the tractor until this evening, but recall a light on the dash that resembled #22 in this pic:

Any ideas? I've found a few YouTube videos of a Kubota Speed Control Pedal Neutral Switch that I can check for.. that will be on my list to do this evening.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
How many hours on the tractor? Have you done an oil change? Check your oil level before you try to start it. Check to see if the PTO lever is moving the shaft as it goes into the case of the tractor. Check the clutch switch to see if it is working or adjusted correctly.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
It sounds like you have no electrical to speak of. Charge the battery and have it load tested. Clean battery terminals and cable connectors before reinstallation. Be sure they're tight. Check ground point and be sure it's clean and tight as well. This routine gets you to the point where you can begin troubleshooting. Note - the oil and charge lights should always be on when you turn on the key and turn off after the engine starts.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
hold the key to start and don't release it while moving the pedal to forward, then neutral, then back. Move it really slowly. While still holding the key, move the pto lever all the way back, not just let go of it, manually pull it ALL the way back and then push it toward the fender. Try those first. If no go, you may have another issue that lies elsewhere in the electrical system and I can walk you through that if needed.

Reactions: 1 user

BoostN

Equipment
L3560HSTC
Apr 5, 2020
Tennessee
How many hours on the tractor? Have you done an oil change? Check your oil level before you try to start it. Check to see if the PTO lever is moving the shaft as it goes into the case of the tractor. Check the clutch switch to see if it is working or adjusted correctly.
~614 hours. Yes, oil level is also good.. checked that first.

BoostN

Equipment
L3560HSTC
Apr 5, 2020
Tennessee
hold the key to start and don't release it while moving the pedal to forward, then neutral, then back. Move it really slowly. While still holding the key, move the pto lever all the way back, not just let go of it, manually pull it ALL the way back and then push it toward the fender. Try those first. If no go, you may have another issue that lies elsewhere in the electrical system and I can walk you through that if needed.
That was it.. I noticed it almost hit (crank) when I was moving that back and forth.. continued that and it worked. I'm assuming that switch is going bad?