COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
.....I am constantly amazed at the number of people who are either dumb, mean, or just plain inconsiderate...

If you thought either rightly or wrongly that someone was scared, would you go out of your way to make them more scared? Throw spiders at them? Snakes?

Boo, I am not scared because of a political scam. I am a very well educated biologist, and I can't see how folks like you can be taken in by the drivel you would appear to hear. How would you account for all the other countries in the world that are trying a variety of strategies to reduce the numbers of deaths occurring in their countries? They can't all be suffering from scams.

Freedom is exercised and protected in this country UNLESS it is used to hurt other people.

And before this turns into a flame war, please switch to Sleddogs thread or offline so as not to spoil Bearbaits thread. Mostly I just ignore comments like yours and perhaps should have here.
This sounds like unhelpful political drivel of the liberal persuasion trying to cause division rather than unity.
Your side is smart, our side is dumb.
Your side has a right to this thread, our side does not.
Your side has a right to this forum , our side does not.
Your side has the correct information, our side does not.
Your side is protecting people, our side is hurting people.

The only thing you left out is how racist we are. and you forgot to call us The Deplorables

Last edited:

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Hard to tell exactly what course of action would be best for America during this crisis.

Cant trust government to get it right, thats been proven time and time again.

Cant trust "smart" people because they seem to lack common sense and are almost always driven by emotion despite facts and logic.

Cant trust media, its all spun in one direction or another.

Cant trust data, its easily manipulated depending on who and how collected.

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Talked to a fire captain (who is also a paramedic) this weekend and asked him about what happened to the regular flu this year. He said the CDC guidelines allow and suggest that ALL patients with respiratory symptoms that die be listed as Covid19 deaths, REGARDLESS of actual cause of death. He sees this as a purposeful attempt to skew the data.
I, for one, will continue to err on the side of caution & wear my mask & practice social distancing, but there is more and more evidence suggesting that this whole mess is is a huge over-reaction at best, and something more sinister at worst.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The problem with the idea that "it is my life, I am going to do as I damn well please" is that what you do indirectly or directly affects me. If I wear a mask it best protects YOU if I cough or speak. If you wear a mask it protects me. My mask, depending on type helps protect me, but is not 100% effective. There are a lot of asymptomatic people spreading the virus around.

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who are either dumb, mean, or just plain inconsiderate. Michigan Covid cases are at least stabilizing but spreading into rural areas. Masks in public places and stores are "required" or can be required by store owner. I went to Farm and Ranch store in a little town nearby to meet a friend in parking lot to buy some fresh eggs. I parked truck way in back of lot with empty space between me and next car. So this guy with open window and truck full of kids all eating pulled in right on top of my truck. Plenty of parking places. So I glared at him and moved my truck as I was putting mask on. My friend's two kids work in the store as cashiers. I asked him if he had been inside, and how many people wore masks. He said the kids thought, maybe 70%. From what I could see in the parking lot more like 70% didn't. The point is wearing a mask in a store is a sign that you respect your neighbors enough to not want to accidentally give the virus to them.

I wanted to shop for a fence charger, but not enough to go in that building. I did sit in the parking lot and ask if I could do curbside pickup for some baled shavings, which they kindly arranged.
When you drive to the grocery store, the exhaust effects me.

You and your "Damn well driving" rig is killing me. You MUST to stop!

Oh! And about that tractor.......

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had a customer in today. I asked him if he knew anyone with the virus ? He said no not personally. But his daughter is a hairdresser in New Hampshire. Her boss who owns the salon was on a ventilator for three weeks he said. But a miracle from God she pulled through and woke up.
I see the skid steer on the news today digging graves and stacking the bodies two deep killed by covid . A Hollywood hoax ? Possibly. I'll wear my mask when I go out and stay to home more and keep living.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I had a customer in today. I asked him if he knew anyone with the virus ? He said no not personally. But his daughter is a hairdresser in New Hampshire. Her boss who owns the salon was on a ventilator for three weeks he said. But a miracle from God she pulled through and woke up.
I see the skid steer on the news today digging graves and stacking the bodies two deep killed by covid . A Hollywood hoax ? Possibly. I'll wear my mask when I go out and stay to home more and keep living.
Great! One less rig on the road effecting me.

Now about your tractor.....

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
My wife works at a mail order pharmacy here in Maine. A co-worker tested positive after coming off a cruise ship back in April and was out of work for 4 weeks, back to work now, in her late 50s, only had a cough and fever for a couple days. Nobody else in the pharmacy has come down with symptoms or tested positive even being in close contact with this person. Its about 40 people in an office building.

You have to ask yourself why the news is showing you video of skidsteers stacking bodies like that. Is that the same news that told us Trump was a Russian asset for a couple years?

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I think the skid is in Brazil. Reported 350,000 positive cases.

I guess the next 2 weeks will tell the story beyond a doubt. Either the numbers stay where they are or the y will explode. I think I'll keep on wearing my stuff until then, just in case.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
When you drive to the grocery store, the exhaust effects me.

You and your "Damn well driving" rig is killing me. You MUST to stop!

Oh! And about that tractor.......
Quit sucking on the exhaust pipe and you'll be fine.............:D

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
CDC also quietly changed their tune a little as well. They are now saying that the chances of contracting the virus from a surface are slim to none. That just leaves the coughs, sneezes, and spits as ways of contracting the virus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There are many unexplained circumstances. For example Thailand had a projected infection amount of 350,000 and 7,000 deaths. At this point the total death count is right at 70.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
CDC also quietly changed their tune a little as well. They are now saying that the chances of contracting the virus from a surface are slim to none. That just leaves the coughs, sneezes, and spits as ways of contracting the virus.

I still wear latex gloves when pumping gas. That nozzle is one of the filthiest things you can ever touch. You don't have a clue where the hand was that the person who pumped gas before you...

Could have been picking his dirty butt hole for all you know. I don't leave that to chance and never have, always wear latex gloves. Covid or no Covid. HF sells them by the box and they are cheap. favorite color is black. They match my mask...lol

Same deal with cash. You have no clue who handled that currency before you, someone could have blown their nose and used that 20 for a kleenex. I bake all my rent money, my renters always pay in cash. Goes in the oven at 200 for 30 minutes before I handle it without gloves on.

In my situation, Covid is a death sentence for me. I'm not taking any chances. I have people I want to agitate yet.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
There are many unexplained circumstances. For example Thailand had a projected infection amount of 350,000 and 7,000 deaths. At this point the total death count is right at 70.
......of course we have Hong Kong where they had it beat and it came right back and bit them hard.

All BS aside, in reality ONE death is too many. No one is expendable in my opinion.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Here is another prime example of why the media cant be trusted

This reporter is filming a story about people irresponsibly going about without masks ALL WHILE HIS FILM CREW DOES NOT HAVE MASKS ON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=TRnB9El_V5g&feature=emb_logo

a NIH study shows asymptomatic people arent passing on the infection. The truth always comes out eventually.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7219423/
Did you read the article? It is a study done in China by Chinese researchers at a Chinese university that carefully traced the contacts of ONE asymptomatic patient and found that none of them contracted the virus.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
......of course we have Hong Kong where they had it beat and it came right back and bit them hard.

All BS aside, in reality ONE death is too many. No one is expendable in my opinion.
No one is expendable. But what have you done to save the life of a diabetic?

Over 80,000 Americans with the disease die EVERY YEAR.

Lifestyle changes just need support.....

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Actually what happened last week is they reformatted their website, putting surface transmission under another subheading, making it sound like they were de-emphasizing surface contact. In actual fact what they were saying all along is that they have no direct data showing rate of transmission from surfaces. They do know the virus survives on various surfaces for varying lengths of time, and it is possible for someone to touch a surface and then rub their eyes, and get it, but less likely. (Except maybe on a cruise ship. )

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...e-spread-of-covid-19-has-not-changed-cdc-says

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I would rather that study had not been in China.

Nothing leaves there without approval.
Yep I hear you. Data and studies surely get manipulated. But so do they here in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.