What a day!!!!!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
WHAT A DAY I HAVE HAD!!!!!!

The only reason I am posting this is so that others can learn and/or have a good laugh at my expense.

I do consider myself as a safety minded person. With that said let me tell you about my Oh CRAP!!!! Day.

So there I was (You know it is going to be a good story with that lead in).......

I went up to my Mom's to mow her yard. I had my mower deck, bagger and FEL on my BX24 and was in 2WD. All was good until I went down a grade (we live in the mountains and nothing is flat) that I have done a thousand times before. Part way down I lost traction when I hit a new chuck hole and started pick up speed. I first pressed on my reverse pedal to no avail. Then I took my size 11W foot and hit the brake pedal. Yep you guessed it while in Oh CRAP mode my shoe was also on the forward pedal. At this point I am saying Oh CRAP while thinking THIS IS GOING TO HURT because at the bottom of the grade (which is where I am now at) is my Mom's neighbor's garage. I imbedded 1/3 of my FEL in to the side of his garage. After getting myself un-screwed I checked out the damage to his garage (Kind of bad :mad: ) I then checked out my tractor (fluids and physical inspection) all was apparently good (I will get back to this ‘apparently’ part later). I finished her yard.

I then go back down to my yard to mow it. I get all done and go to take the grass clippings to the county compost bin and shut my door on my truck and heard a wierd noise coming from the back seat. I look back to see what it was and apparently I had pitched a rock at my truck because the glass that used to be in the back door window wasn't there anymore.

You would think this is enough but Oh NO I go to put the tractor away I always check it out before I put her away. I find a blown O-ring :( (I told you I would get back to that apparently part)

My solution for the garage issue is place in 4WD when on a grade and check out your work area even if you have done work there before. Oh and do a very detailed walk around of your tractor before you take her out. As for the window issue make sure your tube between the mower deck and bagger is firmly on. And that brings us to the O-ring issue look for tell-tail signs of hydro fluid in all places

Well it is 5 hours before bedtime I wonder what else I can break today (I still have time to do more damage)?

cal1

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 9, 2011
Battle Ground, WA
I know it doesn't really help but but we all do have these type of days. Look on the good side, you didn't get hurt (could have been serious) and the tractor damage could have been much worse. I know at first I'd be focusing on what went wrong, what I coulda, shoulda done etc. but you did the best and that was not bad. Wish I lived nearby, this would require a stop by with a rasberry cooler and a couple of jokes.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

Cal (BX24 brother) in WA

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Wow, what a day. Even if it is bad today, cost a lot tomorrow, it will be a good story in the future.

I went up to my Mom's to mow her yard. I had my mower deck, bagger and FEL on my BX24 and was in 2WD.

Why so much load to mow some gras?

...I first pressed on my reverse pedal...

If a tyre is slipping it slip more with higher speed...

...Then I took my size 11W foot...

This has happend to everyone sometimes

...THIS IS GOING TO HURT...

Yeah, and at that point of time the movie of your life change to slow motion...

...After getting myself un-screwed

Lucky not hurt!!

...I finished her yard...I then go back down to my yard to mow it.

Set priority to the task of the day! :)

...I look back to see what it was ... back door window wasn't there anymore.

It comes always from behind...

...I find a blown O-ring...

2 bucks for the o-ring, 200 for the replacement...

Well it is 5 hours before bedtime I wonder what else I can break today (I still have time to do more damage)?

As I say, just back to bed, pull your arms and legs to your body like an embryo and suck your thumb. I do also on these day's! :)

After all, cal1 is 100% right: You did not get hurt!!

Life is like a box of chocolates...

carl

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
Yes - I had one of those days back in January. There is a post about it in the off-topic area.
How is today going for you?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
As bad as all this was you do have a brite side to your story. You are (even as bad as it seems now) able to tell us about it and nothing was broken that can't be fixed or replaced. I hope today was a better day.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Never never make a stupid statement like this. I was able to put a dent in the bumper while backing my trailer up last night. :mad:

Yes today was much better. I got the window fixed and Found out my Mom's neighbor works at the local lumber yard. He told me only 4 2X4 and 1 sheet of siding was damaged and he gets a heck of a discount almost free. He also said it was no biggie accidents happen :)