Front snow blower on a new BX2380

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I’m new to the tractor world. At some point, before next winter, I want to install a front snowblower on the new BX. I keep hearing about the need for “subframes” when installing these things. Can someone bring me up to speed on these things and if I will need one for the installation of a BX2816.?.

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
The part referred to as subframe is really a hydraulic quick hitch. You have to remove the loader. This is the biggest drawback for most folks because they want to keep the loader on. The quick hitch attaches to the front of the tractor, and a long pto shaft connects from the quick hitch to your mid pto. Then you just drive up to the snow blower, pick it up, and lock the pins in place.

This video explains it all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdUeA5eodrc

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
The part referred to as subframe is really a hydraulic quick hitch. You have to remove the loader. This is the biggest drawback for most folks because they want to keep the loader on. The quick hitch attaches to the front of the tractor, and a long pto shaft connects from the quick hitch to your mid pto. Then you just drive up to the snow blower, pick it up, and lock the pins in place.

This video explains it all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdUeA5eodrc
Thanks! That helps a lot........

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Others have said it but yes...you need the front quick hitch mount. This is what the snowblower actually mates to and I believe the hydraulic snow blade uses the exact same front quick hitch mount.

Its super easy once you do it once. I recently took my snowblower off my 1880 and put the loader on in less than 10 minutes and could reverse the process in less than 10, as well.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
I agree with tiktok its very straightforward process. The hitch is obnoxiously heavy though.
Agree the hitch is a bit unweildly and you have to kind of "latch" it over two hooks on the tractor that can be a bit tricky to get just right. I also crushed a finger grabbing the drive engagement lever thinking it was a solid hand hold doing it the first time.

I've heard claims that the loader will still fit on with the hitch installed but I havent tried.

To me the biggest gripe with the blower is that in my opinion, a blower thats a few grand should come STOCK with hydraulic or electronic chute direction AND angle. I'm fine with the manual controls but it seems to me for a nearly $4,000 setup, they should be able to include those options. To ask someone to spend almost another $1500 just to get automatic chute and angle adjustments using the hydralic lines that are already there and unused from the loader just seems like gouging.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
No, Not quite. that is the SSQA for the loader and isn't used for a blower attachment. In fact, you must remove the loader to use the front mounted blower. That's why some chose to get a rear 3 pt mounted blower (less cost).

Here is the kubota video on the 4pt hitch for the blower...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=30&v=j6Cm40Ch0Bg
So by the time I get that, the blower and the hydraulic chute controls I’ll have a working snow blower for what? 6 or 7K. Yikes!!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
The front blower is a great thing to have for longer driveways or roads that you need to clear, a real neck and back saver. But if you only have a short driveway I'm not sure the convince will out way the cost which is quite substantial. Good luck with your decision.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
So by the time I get that, the blower and the hydraulic chute controls I’ll have a working snow blower for what? 6 or 7K. Yikes!!
That's why I use a cheap rear blade and loader bucket...that and we mostly get wet/sloppy stuff here that tends to choke a snow blower.

tiktock

Jun 27, 2018
Plaistow
Something like that!

I think its about $3400 for the 50" blower and everything to connect it (hitch etc) but you will have manual controls for the chute....not much more than a decent Ariens but way wider and more powerful.

Once you go nuts with hydraulic chutes and angle, things get expensive. I've seen enough DIY projects that this summer I plan to at least automate the chute left and right. I leave the angle of throwing the same 99% of the time so see no need in having a powered control for it.

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
The front blower is a great thing to have for longer driveways or roads that you need to clear, a real neck and back saver. But if you only have a short driveway I'm not sure the convince will out way the cost which is quite substantial. Good luck with your decision.
Driveway is half a mile long, twisty and hilly nightmare. Plus, my old bones don’t move around all that well anymore.....

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
Something like that!

I think its about $3400 for the 50" blower and everything to connect it (hitch etc) but you will have manual controls for the chute....not much more than a decent Ariens but way wider and more powerful.

Once you go nuts with hydraulic chutes and angle, things get expensive. I've seen enough DIY projects that this summer I plan to at least automate the chute left and right. I leave the angle of throwing the same 99% of the time so see no need in having a powered control for it.
Well, if the hitch is included in the $3,400 I can live with that. The tractor has a heated Curtis cab, so the manual chute control won’t fly.....

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Driveway is half a mile long, twisty and hilly nightmare. Plus, my old bones don’t move around all that well anymore.....
And that my friend is exactly why I spent that kind of money on mine. You have to remember your talking to another old fart with a mile long driveway and your money isn't much good to you if your laid up and can't move.;)

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
List price might be probably near there if you add up the cost as individual parts. I bought mine at the time I bought the tractor. I paid approximately $4300. You should ask a Kubota dealer for a quote, from the SALES department not parts. They can sell the implements at a lower cost.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
List price might be probably near there if you add up the cost as individual parts. I bought mine at the time I bought the tractor. I paid approximately $4300. You should ask a Kubota dealer for a quote, from the SALES department not parts. They can sell the implements at a lower cost.
My B2782B 63" blower, quick hitch, sub frame, and hydraulic chute control, manual discharge angle, came to $5900. On a 2017 B2650. All bought with tractor.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
My B2782B 63" blower, quick hitch, sub frame, and hydraulic chute control, manual discharge angle, came to $5900 CAD. On a 2017 B2650. All bought with tractor.