stuck Woods pto pulley

gurn

Equipment
Kubota L175
Apr 15, 2011
Nashville,Tn
This thing is stuck on there tight! I've been spraying pen. oil on it and ran the two bolts in the screw holes to put pressure between the pulley and the splined bushing. I've even used a torch and a brass hammer and it still wont budge. Anyone else ever run into this? May be in a few days it will loosen up.

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
This thing is stuck on there tight! I've been spraying pen. oil on it and ran the two bolts in the screw holes to put pressure between the pulley and the splined bushing. I've even used a torch and a brass hammer and it still wont budge. Anyone else ever run into this? May be in a few days it will loosen up.
Careful with the torch, you don't want to melt any seals, been there. If you have a gear puller you should try that, and add a little pressure every time you add pen oil. BTW, what are you using for pen oil? My best luck for things like this is a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF.

When using the hammer are you trying to tap it further onto the shaft of off. Sometime easier to tap it on a little to break it loose.

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
To tell the truth, I've been very reluctant to take mine off. My tractor sat outside for two or three years (that I know of) before I got it. I have no idea if it ever saw the inside of a shed with the previous owner.

It is also missing the guard over the PTO pulley, so I just use it for lawn mowing and to move the occassional trailer. I do have my Dad's AC WD for real tractor type jobs, though.

I just went out and looked at mine, you did take the three bolts out that hold the splined hub and sheave together, right? On mine, there is enough room to put a hefty prybar between the two, so maybe you could work it one side then the other?

If you have time to wait, try leaing tension on a gear puller while soaking with your favorite penetrating oil.

Robert