auxilary hydraulic pump

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Levittown, PA, Bucks County
I have an L260 with a belt drive hydraulic pump off of the front crank for the FEL. The shaft for the additional pulleys that is mounted to the pulley that is on the crank for the fan sheared. I would like to either convert the pump to direct drive or just need to find a new pulley mount and plate that will bolt up to the existing crankshaft pulley. Anyone have any ideas. Sorry if this is a bit confussing, it seems to be one of those things that I can see in my head but to put it into words is a bit interesting. I will try to get some pictures tonight or tomorrow to add them with a few notes to help.

Thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My old B 7100 had a front pump for the loader and it was connected to the crank with a double roller chain. With yours being belt driven instead of direct drive would lead me to believe the rpm's to the pump are being reduced. It may have a 540 rpm pump on it and couldn't handle the full rpm's of the engine. That only a guess on my part so that may be completely wrong.

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks Bulldog, I will have to check out what a double roller chain is, that may be a better solution that the v-belts. I don't believe the RPM's are being reduced as the pulleys that were mounted to the crank are the same size as the pulleys on the pump. The big question remains of were can a I get a mount for either the pulleys or direct for the pump.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The chain like I'm talking about looked something like this. Have 2 motorcycle chains sitting side by side. But instead of being seperate they are linked in the middle. The sprockets sat face to face against each other and the chain like the two together. I have also seen a similar setup on water pumps were I used to work. We would link the electric motor to the pump with a firnco. I have seen 50 and even 100hp pumps linked together with nothing but a firnco and we never had any trouble out of them. The only time we had to do anything to them was if a pump or the moter went down. I never saw any of them fail because of the firnco. That is a very tuff rubber donut.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
The chain like I'm talking about looked something like this. Have 2 motorcycle chains sitting side by side. But instead of being seperate they are linked in the middle. The sprockets sat face to face against each other and the chain like the two together. I have also seen a similar setup on water pumps were I used to work. We would link the electric motor to the pump with a firnco. I have seen 50 and even 100hp pumps linked together with nothing but a firnco and we never had any trouble out of them. The only time we had to do anything to them was if a pump or the moter went down. I never saw any of them fail because of the firnco. That is a very tuff rubber donut.
I am pretty sure what Bulldog is talking about is a direct drive situation like you mentioned. That is what the double roller chain is used for on my B7100.

cubitcm

Equipment
L260
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks guys. I am wondering if the chain or direct drive will cause an issue with the diesel when the pump starts to be overworked and bog down. Right now the deisiel will bog a little but then the belts start to slip so it doesn't seem to hard on the engine. would this be worse if it is direct or chain since there would be no slippage?

Now I just need to find some parts.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I wouldn't think it should cause any trouble. Lots of the older tractors had a front pump for the loader from the factory. If the loader bogs the engine down to where it was a concern I would think that it has to much loader for that tractor. If it's matched up correctly then you should be fine.

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
I would like to either convert the pump to direct drive or just need to find a new pulley mount and plate that will bolt up to the existing crankshaft pulley
If you know what you want and can make a drawing of it you should be able to get your local machine shop to make you up something, I would think it would be easier to stay with the pulley/belt drive setup than to try to retrofit the pump with a sprocket for chain drive.

Is it possible to repair/weld your existing broken pulley mount?

Link below is to a website with an example of a chain drive coupling

https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=1-3560&catname=powerTrans

This type of coupling mounts the pump directly to the front of the crankshaft

Last edited: