L3901 EM light illuminated

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
I haven't experienced regeneration on my L3901. I am waiting patiently. I have put about 10 hours on it since purchasing it and having a new ECM installed.

Today I hung the 6' finish mower and got after some very light mowing. Tractor did well, 2500 rpm singing right along everything hot straight and normal. Then the EM light illuminates. I did not shut it off, I simply shut off the pto and let it sit at 2500 rpm while I grabbed my owners manual and read. I know not to shut it off while REGEN is taking place - this wasn't regen though.

I pulled it back to idle when I couldnt find it right away and of course the light went out in short order. "Take the steps to lower the coolant temperature" is the line in the manual.

My temp gage was not reading HOT - it was reading about 3/4 up the scale... Indicating I still had some room to go before I hit the red zone. Once the light was out and I was back to work - it heated up to 3/4 again and then the light came on again.

Radiator and screen are clean, coolant level in the jug is normal - YES it was hot outside today.... ut is this what I am to expect from this machine under load? Has anyone else experienced this?

The lil tractor did well - never lost any performance, but I am curious to know if this is common. The grass I was cutting was not making the machine labor at all.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
When this light comes on, it means that the engine temperature is below the overheating threshold, but it is high enough that the emissions components on the machine are not working to their full efficiency. Take steps to reduce engine load such as shifting down a gear, or making sure all cooling screens are clear of debris.