Modify Post Hole Digger For BX25?

Swampcreek

Equipment
2013 BX25 TLB Piranha Tooth Bar, BXpanded Body Armor
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
A friend gave me a few implements due to him buying a much larger tractor, one of the implements is a Leinbach Line L7200 PHD, my excitement died a little after reading that the L7200 won't fit the BX25 and that the L7200 JR is more suitable due to the yoke being approximately 3 inches narrower and 3 or 4 inches taller. Looking at the yoke I think I could modify it with the use of heavy angle irons, some plate steel and my welder, has anyone tried or heard of this being done?

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I purchased the Land Pride unit when I got my tractor, but it's no big shake to modify another to fit a BX. Just measure the spread of the arms and make sure you have enough lift. The Auger that came with mine is fairly short, I think that might be more of an issue than bringing the arms together. I can give you some measurements, if you let me know what you trying to adjust. I can see it from the house, hanging under the eaves of the wood shed

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
It was a few days ago when I measured but I believe the yoke spread was 27.5" on the PHD. My other implements are around 25" or 26" so I'll take off the BH and see what I can do, I would think making the spread 24.5 or 25 would do it and then extending heavy plates down from the angle irons to have the mounting pins 3 or 4 inches lower might do it. I also wonder if a yoke from a 7200 Jr. would work or even bolt up...although modification is more appealing since I look for any excuse to weld. :)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Might just be easyer to sell it out right and get the one you need

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
skeets, I agree that it would be easier to sell it and get the right one but since a friend gave it to me, I like messing with things and I would only occasionally use it, I'd like to make this work...unless the work to make this work is too much work.

Repair

Equipment
2017 L2501 - 2020 L2501
Apr 17, 2017
Lebanon, TN
Shouldn't be to hard to modify, post some pictures and I'm sure we can make some recommendations....I have some ideas already.

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
I've got an everything attachments post hole digger for my BX...let me know if you want measurements. Imho I'd buy the steel and make a new yoke.

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
I've got an everything attachments post hole digger for my BX...let me know if you want measurements. Imho I'd buy the steel and make a new yoke.
Did you get the 7200 Jr.? I think I need to bring the lower pins in from 27.5" to around 24" and with HEAVY angle iron and some 3/8 plate to lower those pins about 4", I'll try to mess with pictures today when I get off work but I'm no wizard on these electronic voodoo boxes! (I'm a master at click/buy though!). Measurements would be great if you could get pin distance and yoke hight!....Thanks!

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
About 16" between the yoke and 13" high...it's designed to put the three point inside the yoke which increases lift hight.

Last edited:

Swampcreek

Equipment
Jan 31, 2017
Maryland
Maclean, thanks! Mine is obviously much different but your pictures are a big help in some of my ideas. I've promised myself to do before and after pictures this time.