Adjusting the Govenor on a Kubota

belah

Equipment
M 4030 SU Tractor
Dec 8, 2010
Jena,Louisiana,USA
Does anyone know how to adjust the Governor(or if it can be adjusted) on a 1992 model M4030su. I am turning a Winco PTO Generator and when my home ac unit tries to start, the tractor engine boggs down. It is a 49 hp tractor.Winco said that I needed 2 engine hp per kW so the 25 kW generator should work with the 49hp tractor. I have had other people tell me that they ran their 25kW gen. with smaller engines with no problem. Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks Belah

Last edited:

belah

Equipment
M 4030 SU Tractor
Dec 8, 2010
Jena,Louisiana,USA
Does anyone know how to adjust the Governor(or if it can be adjusted) on a 1992 model M4030su. I am turning a Winco PTO Generator and when my home ac unit tries to start, the tractor engine boggs down. It is a 49 hp tractor.Winco said that I needed 2 engine hp per kW so the 25 kW generator should work with the 49hp tractor. I have had other people tell me that they ran their 25kW gen. with smaller engines with no problem. Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thanks Belah
Doesn't anyone have any advice?? Do you think I even need to adjust the governor or could I try some thig else.C'mon guys, someone here must know a trick I can use!!

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
what RPM is ur tractor redlined, the redline is where u get 49 HP.
any less and the HP realy drops off. remember some motors need
4 to 6 times more current to start than compared to the running load.
if ur trying to run with ur pto in high gear and and tractor ideling,
forget it. don,t have the clothes dryer and oven on and the hotwater tank
on when trying to start the AC.
Louis

KennyV

Equipment
L4200GST (cab)
Your tractor has plenty of HP to run the total needs of your house...
Also the House with everything running or trying to start will never pull 25KW
... Are you running this at 540 RPM PTO? What is the voltage you are measuring with a reasonable load on that generator?
If the voltage is off of 220 - 230 volts... what is the frequency how close to 60 cycles is it running? You can check this with a freq counter, O-scope OR with an old analogue clock... 60 cycles will be = to 60 seconds in a min on the clock... you can run a couple cycles high or low without problems but you will start burning up motors if your freq is of more...
Changing the governor speed above the generator rated input will increase the frequency of the output... :)KennyV

kyfred

Equipment
M5030SU 4WD
Dec 20, 2010
Northern KY
According to the owners manual that come with my M5030SU which lists the specs on the M4030 up to the M8030, the PTO Hp for your M4030 is 42 at 2600rpm. Net engine Hp is 47Hp.
If you need more than 42 PTO HP you might be a little short. Your engine will need to be running 2600RPM to get 540 RPM on your pto shaft which is the speed most implements are rated to run.