Where does this go?

Eldubya

Equipment
B7800FEL Bck hoe Box scraper Post auger Field rake
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Was digging ditch for a neighbour the other day, and after we're all done, he calls me and tells me I lost this part off of the tractor. Looks like a bushing of some sort, Kubota grey to me. I have been all over the machine trying to figure out where it might have come from. Can't see anything that appears to be missing. I'll try to attach a picture. Measures 1 1/2" high, 1 1/4" OD
Machine is a B7800

Attachments

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
My B7500 has two bushings like that which go between the 3 point lift arms and the frame. I don't see any way that you could have lost one of those bushings without knowing it immediately.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
I'm wondering if you've got a backhoe attached and don't have the 3pt arms on the pins and the bushing was on the pins.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
I would say three point too. :confused:
Never heard of a 3.2 hitch, just beer.

:)

Looks like a hitch category adapter bushing. It might have been just sitting on the tractor somewhere after it got dropped sometime in the past, and just now fell off.

Bruce

Last edited:

Eldubya

Equipment
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I'm wondering if you've got a backhoe attached and don't have the 3pt arms on the pins and the bushing was on the pins.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean about having the 3 point arms "on the pins"?:confused:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Note to self, this is a great way to drive someone crazy...

Way back when I worked underground, we had a mechanic that was,,,, well a piece of work. Anyways when some thing broke it was always a chore to find him to fix things and all he did was bytch from start to finish and blame everyone around for braking it. So someone coff coff :rolleyes: would find a bearing race or alignment pin that had been laying in the dirt since something else was broken and fixed, or some thing that looked like it should go in side what ever he was working on. Clean it all up and then set it on top of the machine, and after he just about had it all closed up, then hold it and say whats this? :eek: Was a Kodak moment

Eldubya

Equipment
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
Okay, outside diameter of 1 1/4 inches is not very big. Kubota Grey so, it would rule out a size adapter. Looks newish so it was in a protected area.

Questions: Did you or anybody do any work to the tractor recently?
Was the tool box opened?
Did you check the seat spring area?
Linkage for HST and/or brakes?
Note to self, this is a great way to drive someone crazy...
*No one has done anything other than an oil change I did last week.
* Nope! I have a removable box that wasn't even with me.
* Yup! Everything is as it should be.
*Ditto
*Yup! Going crazy!

Eldubya

Equipment
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
I think the guys are talking about part number 70 in the diagram below. Hope this helps.

You might be onto something there. I haven't used the 3pt arms for some time, but the bushing could have just been riding around with me since then. I'll check it out when there's daylight.

Eldubya

Equipment
Apr 14, 2014
Quadra Island BC
You might be onto something there. I haven't used the 3pt arms for some time, but the bushing could have just been riding around with me since then. I'll check it out when there's daylight.
And the winner is mdhughes!
It is a bushing that goes on the lower 3pt pins/axle.

Thanks guys. Now I know to leave the clevis pins in!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Its not a bushing, definetly a spacer. Was likely riding on a shaft for the three point hitch. Other side would have same one or is likely fallen off too. If backhoe is still solid then its not backhoe mount related.