Stock HD tie down bracket

Mike keliher

Equipment
Zd 326
Jul 10, 2016
Livingston, texas
Stock HD tie down bracket. They bolt on up top on the outside of the forks where the two chrome nuts hold everything together. I have a 14 limited, FLHTK. The mounting points or where they are bolton look week to support a 900 lbs bike. I would be using them when transporting place to place as I am a full time RVer. Any experience or thoughts. There is no capacity noted in the HD catalog?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Gee Mike you might want to try over at Harley Tech Talk ( from which I was banned) or OFOPOS, or over to The Harley Brotherhood. Like this place lots of good people, people that ride, been there and done that kind of people.
And the tie downs should work ok, as long as the bike is secured and not bouncing all over the place. Lil Red has only been on a trailer 2 times, once when a soccer mom ran a red light and once when she ate an oil pump gear.
Remember if you really want to see whats going on,,,, look 4 cars ahead of you and ride invisable
Skeets

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey Skeets How did you get banned from the Harley site?
You really have to ask? :rolleyes:

He's lucky we haven't booted him from here! :p

Ok yea seriously, what does it take to get banned from a Harley site, did you mention the Honda word? :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All it takes is to have a self centered,egotistical, self proclaimed moderator, explain to you that you are to keep your mouth shut and if you post anything HE doesnt like it gets removed. Even if you were right in posting what you posted and not one of his suckies.
And then you tell him, to go forth and multiply him self. And that boys and girls is how you get banned from a Harley site :D