have fuel still won"t start

Rheino

Equipment
B 1700 and L 2350 loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2010
New Cumberland, WV, USA
I now have fuel flowing to my injectors, as I turn over the engine on my b 1700 I get lots of black smoke and a few fire try's but never takes off. The injectors appear to be spraying a good pattern. Engine is turning over fast, battery good, air cleaner good, thr tractor has 445 hrs. on it. I removed exhaust incase of clog found to be good. When turning over I have a slight suction a one point to my exhaust. Did not know if this was a bad valve as a gas engine would be or just normal.All line have been bleed many times, This all started with a rip in my fuel filter and I got dirt through the system. Cleaned all injectors and turned over with line disconected and the injector pump was pumping fuel on all three conections. Any help you can give would be apprecated Rheino

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
u need 3 things for the engine to run, air, fuel, compression.
check your valves clearence. check your air cleaner and pasage ways.
if all fails, check compression.

Rheino

Equipment
B 1700 and L 2350 loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2010
New Cumberland, WV, USA
This is a 1996 B-1700 three cyl. I think a D905 engine It does not have a decompression lever on it. Nothing through the valve cover, nothing inside the cover to contact the valves. Any other help????? Thanks I also need to know the tread size of the injectors to get a adapter to do a compression ck. if anyone knows Rheino

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Are your glow plugs working? If you are getting smoke and the odd pop you either have bad glow plug(s) or poor compression.;)

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
How about a quick valve adjustment check. See if you have any tight readings causing a leak. Even if you don't know the real clearance record all clearances and compare. My RTV1100 D1105 3cyl is .005 to .007 ths. That would be close enough to get it to run.

yooper jim

Equipment
BX2660
May 15, 2010
Northern Michigan
The thread on the adapter is 10mm X 1.25mm. Just checked my D600 and got psi of 420, 420 and 380. Checked glow plugs and all heat up red. Will try to start again, but previous attempts it was very hard to get running. Had it running one day for about 10 min. Hasn't run in 15 yrs. Valve lash will be my next check.

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
hasn,t run in 15 yrs. i,ll bet u couldn,t light a fire with that fuel. your
fuel filter deffinately needs changeing along with draining the whole fuel
system..

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Hmmmm....did anyone mention glow plugs. Should try the simple stuff first before getting into the more involved.:D

richhole

Equipment
G3HST mower with D600 engine
Apr 9, 2017
UK
Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this, but I have a D600 engine that will not start either. When stored 3 years ago it was running fine. I have drained the fuel and put fresh in. The electric fuel pump is pumping plenty of fuel to the injector pump. However, when I crack the pipe at the injectors, only a dribble of fuel comes out when I crank the engine. (I have checked that the engine-stop is in). I guess faulty fuel pump. Is this something I can easily fix? Thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this, but I have a D600 engine that will not start either.
The fact that this is a seven year old thread I don't think anyone will care, or reply.

If your putting fuel into the injection pump and not getting fuel out of the injection pump, most likely it's just gummed up.
Using brake parts cleaner might break up the gum and allow it to run, do not allow the brake parts cleaner to go threw the injectors to the inside of the engine. ;)