Made a Front End Loader dolly.

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
058.jpg

060.jpg

Having a 12ft.x12ft. shed and limited room, figured it was time to get busy getting ready for winter. Gotta make room in the shed for everything.

Went to HF and bought four of their small dollies. I cut two 2x3's to four feet, and used them to keep the length, and then used 1x3's cut to 33inches to maintain the width. Screwed them together, 2x3's underneath the dollies, and the 1x3's across the top.

Probably a bit of overkill with the four dollies but I was crunched for time and figured this was a good solution for what I wanted to accomplish today.

It rolls nice and makes life easy. Thanks to the gents that have done this before and provided the ideas for these.

Reactions: 1 user

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
I did the same for my 3PH chipper, flail mower, and backhoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Those HF Dolly's work great as long as your rolling on concrete. I have made one for my FEL with the Grapple attachment, and one for the Backhoe. I have the Post hole digger hanging in the wood shed, and the Land plane and loader bucket outside. One day I'll make a dedicated building just for implements....... one day

Reactions: 1 user

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
So you disconnect the FEL while on the dolly? No issues with it supporting the weight when you push down with bucket to pull the pins?

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
So you disconnect the FEL while on the dolly? No issues with it supporting the weight when you push down with bucket to pull the pins?

The FEL has a Pair of fold down legs that support and balance the whole loader assembly. I used two HF Dolly's with a couple 2x4's across them and a scrap of OSB. My BX Grapple is so tiny, I just set it on a single dolly, and it rolls around easially

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Here's a couple quick pics of roller carts for the Grapple, backhoe, and snow blade. I will swap out the FEL for the snow blade IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_5487.jpg

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
The FEL has a Pair of fold down legs that support and balance the whole loader assembly. I used two HF Dolly's with a couple 2x4's across them and a scrap of OSB. My BX Grapple is so tiny, I just set it on a single dolly, and it rolls around easially
Ya, I'm slowly mastering FEL remove and replace. I was told to roll the bucket out to take pressure off the arm pins to disconnect. Just wondering if the dolly setup can take the added weight of doing this.

I guess it must cause I'm seeing a lot of ppl have made these dollies.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I'm using the HF Dolly's, in this case 2 for the FEL. A couple 2x4's and some scrap OSB, just wide enough to fit the bucket with legs extended. The Dolly's claim 1,000 lbs each, and the loader weighs no where near that.
You can go big time, and get some 7" poly wheels, on a custom frame, just depends on what you want to spend and create

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
I'm using the HF Dolly's, in this case 2 for the FEL. A couple 2x4's and some scrap OSB, just wide enough to fit the bucket with legs extended. The Dolly's claim 1,000 lbs each, and the loader weighs no where near that.
You can go big time, and get some 7" poly wheels, on a custom frame, just depends on what you want to spend and create
Went to HF last night and bought 3 of these dollies. I figured I'd use two under the bucket and the third for the legs. Thanks for the advise!

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
Went to HF last night and bought 3 of these dollies. I figured I'd use two under the bucket and the third for the legs. Thanks for the advise!
put together a quick dollie setup. It isn't beautiful but it works just in time for the snow. The FEL was taking up a parking spot.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
put together a quick dollie setup. It isn't beautiful but it works just in time for the snow. The FEL was taking up a parking spot.
That's basically all you need. The smaller the foot print, the less room it takes up. I nestle mine up with the backhoe, so they take up a lot less room. I can still wheel them around easily by myself if I need to move them. Good job

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
If anyone is interested, HF is having a sale on the 18"x12" Dolly's for $7.99. A pair of those and a scrap of plywood, and you have an economical roller

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
If anyone is interested, HF is having a sale on the 18"x12" Dolly's for $7.99. A pair of those and a scrap of plywood, and you have an economical roller
of course they do....1 week after I bought mine for $15. I did get the larger ones but still....:mad:

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
of course they do....1 week after I bought mine for $15. I did get the larger ones but still....:mad:
If your using two, you can do the smaller Dolly's, and put a couple 2x4's across them. They use the same wheels and have the same weight rating. For something small like my BX Grapple, I just used one large dolly

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
If your using two, you can do the smaller Dolly's, and put a couple 2x4's across them. They use the same wheels and have the same weight rating. For something small like my BX Grapple, I just used one large dolly
I used 3. Probably overkill but I wanted it to be stable and not have issues taking the strain of attaching and detaching the loader.

bearskinner

Equipment
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
If anyone is in need of any of the larger movers Dolly's for parts and implements on, here's the new sale coupon. I just have the picture on my phone. They can scan it at the register or manually input the sale tag number

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Necro thread revival.
Harbor Freight dollys here too.
I continue to find it funny how we all drop 20-50K+ on our tractors and implements, yet we cheap out on things like this. 🤣
KIMG0555.JPG

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
To those doing the HF dolly set up, this question was asked but I don't think it was answered.

Are you removing the FEL onto the dollies directly or putting it on the dollies after it is off the tractor?

I tried the FEL onto the HF dollies directly and broke the dollies. Maybe I did it incorrectly.
After watching a few different videos on youtube, it appears there are 2 distinct ways to remove the FEL. One has you lift the front wheels off the ground, Messick's video and a few others, while the second way does NOT appear to do so. It looks like very little down pressure is applied and thus won't break the dollies.

I replaced all my wheels with better wheels because even on concrete those cheap wheels don't roll very well with the slightest imperfection, sand or pebbles.

Last edited: