B7100 FEL (& 40T press brake)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Interesting idea the way you went to the drawbar mount instead of the rear axle. It looks to simplify the construction and the drawbar mount should be equally capable of taking the force of pushing the blade into the dirt pile.

Did you record the measurements of your subframe by any chance?

CypherPhab

Jul 27, 2016
Houston, Tx.
Interesting idea the way you went to the drawbar mount instead of the rear axle. It looks to simplify the construction and the drawbar mount should be equally capable of taking the force of pushing the blade into the dirt pile.

Did you record the measurements of your subframe by any chance?
Yeah I didn't like the idea of having to pull a bunch of axle bolts to assemble it, not to mention the issue of making the bracket using spacers to accommodate the recessed bolt holes on the axle. This way is just as strong and only takes one bolt to attach. I don't have the measurements written down, what are you looking for?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
just realized the draw bar attachment over the typical axle attachments.

With that in mind...... From what little I see here suggest you do some additions to limit side forces more. That one point in rear creates a pivot point and the only thing limiting that pivot motion is the one upright angle iron unless I'm missing something.

Granted am no engineer, fabricator or welder but have a lot of experience in forces applied against a body, just happens to be the human body is all :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The one thing your subframe design does not stop is torsional force (side to side twist), as you have just one point in the rear. :(

EDIT: Coachgeo and I are on the same thinking... I'm just slow to post.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I see it as the apex of a triangle. He's well braced against sideways forces with the diagonal bracing to the front of the tractor, no?

I'm planning on my own B7100 FEL build in the near future and was thinking of shamelessly stealing this approach. (which is why I was asking after dimensions ;) )

CypherPhab

Jul 27, 2016
Houston, Tx.
just realized the draw bar attachment over the typical axle attachments.

With that in mind...... From what little I see here suggest you do some additions to limit side forces more. That one point in rear creates a pivot point and the only thing limiting that pivot motion is the one upright angle iron unless I'm missing something.

Granted am no engineer, fabricator or welder but have a lot of experience in forces applied against a body, just happens to be the human body is all :D
It would have to bend the front support bar, the tower brace, and the subframe in order to make the rear connection pivot. If you hit something hard enough to do that, you've got bigger issues to worry about.

CypherPhab

Jul 27, 2016
Houston, Tx.
The one thing your subframe design does not stop is torsional force (side to side twist), as you have just one point in the rear. :(

EDIT: Coachgeo and I are on the same thinking... I'm just slow to post.
There's no way for it to twist. The subframe would have to bend in order for that to be possible. With the diagonal supports connecting to the front, there's no way to put that kind of force on the subframe (unless you've already broken some other part of the supports, which would be pretty damn impressive)

Doggieman

Equipment
Kubota zb7000e
Oct 4, 2016
The Netherlands
Maybe a little bit late, but here is a link to my subframe that I build for my zb7000e. Maybe someone else can use it or adapt the design for his Kubota. You can't have to much bracing on a old type Kubota! They will brake in half! You won't be the first.
https://youtu.be/oPGLG0tkj9c

I also made a foot operated throttle but the original hand operated one also still works.
See my YouTube channel for a video and details.

Regards.