Pat's quick hitch? anyone discontinue use?

flyingbrass

Equipment
L2350
Feb 6, 2016
Arkansas
Pat's quick hitch? anyone discontinue use? I see great reviews on this product. I'm also tired of wrestling implements and getting on and off the tractor 10 times to get an implement changed. Has anyone ever bought a Pat's quick hitch and then stopped using it?

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Remove? I wouldn't think of loosing mine. Tell you what - if you got Pat's you gotta go Hodge* too it's a winning combo that will make your life so much easier.

*Mark Hodge fabricates telescoping stabilizers to replace your check chains and they are rock solid.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
I have the weld on version on my L3700SU and on dad's L3800HST. We love them. I made rigid stay bars for ours. Wish I knew how to post pictures.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I have both and would be "PISSED" if i lost either of them. My implements are different widths so Pats makes sense, Hodges stabilizers is icing on the cake!

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I no longer use the PATS I bought, one is in the garage somewhere and the other has major parts, but is missing some spacers and such. My tractors have extendable lower links, so I just didn't find I needed them.

I accept I am in the minority, but it's not a first.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I no longer use the PATS I bought, one is in the garage somewhere and the other has major parts, but is missing some spacers and such. My tractors have extendable lower links, so I just didn't find I needed them.

I accept I am in the minority, but it's not a first.
I have extendable links too, and while they are great for hookup, they don't help with disconnect. I had more trouble disconnecting with my new tractor than I've ever had with a 3 pt. I think the telescoping stabilizers had something to do with that. But I love the Pat's hitches though. Apparently if you call him he can make some that replace the end of the extendable link and don't add any length to the lower links. They don't extend, just use the same pin. I think I'm going to call him about that in a couple of months.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I have extendable links too, and while they are great for hookup, they don't help with disconnect. I had more trouble disconnecting with my new tractor than I've ever had with a 3 pt. I think the telescoping stabilizers had something to do with that. But I love the Pat's hitches though. Apparently if you call him he can make some that replace the end of the extendable link and don't add any length to the lower links. They don't extend, just use the same pin. I think I'm going to call him about that in a couple of months.
I have TnT, so maybe that makes the whole process pretty easy, so for me I just don't care for the PATS. They are a great bunch of people with which to deal though and I'm probably the only person who doesn't like them, well my son too, but he's use to stuff being hard I guess.

That is what I bought for My L5030, but you lose the ability to extend; rather have the extendable links. If I ever go with a QH, I'll go with LP as all my equipment is QH compatible.

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I find it interesting the old becomes new again, and what knce fell out of favor becomes popular.

Case tractors had the Eagle hitch back in '49. Almost the same thing. Lost out to Fergusen's 3 point.

Mike

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
I find it interesting the old becomes new again, and what knce fell out of favor becomes popular.

Case tractors had the Eagle hitch back in '49. Almost the same thing. Lost out to Fergusen's 3 point.

Mike
Yep!! There is very little difference between the old J.I. Case Eagle Hitch and Pat's.
I always like the IH two point Fast Hitch because you could hook it up without getting off of the tractor, but it never caught on so it was difficult to find attachments to fit it.

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I have TnT, so maybe that makes the whole process pretty easy, so for me I just don't care for the PATS. They are a great bunch of people with which to deal though and I'm probably the only person who doesn't like them, well my son too, but he's use to stuff being hard I guess.

That is what I bought for My L5030, but you lose the ability to extend; rather have the extendable links. If I ever go with a QH, I'll go with LP as all my equipment is QH compatible.
We all have our own likes, but I don't really think TnT would have helped much with my issues. It was like there was just too much friction to swing the arms out to come off the pins. Wound up using an old T-post to pry them off. Usually always been able to just kick them off fairly easily. Plus pulling the pins from the telescoping stabilizers every time got real old pretty fast.

Do you still have your Pat's hitches? I looked it up and the extendable link is the same part number for the L5030 and my MX5200. PM me if you're inter

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
We all have our own likes, but I don't really think TnT would have helped much with my issues. It was like there was just too much friction to swing the arms out to come off the pins. Wound up using an old T-post to pry them off. Usually always been able to just kick them off fairly easily. Plus pulling the pins from the telescoping stabilizers every time got real old pretty fast.

Do you still have your Pat's hitches? I looked it up and the extendable link is the same part number for the L5030 and my MX5200. PM me if you're inter
Just sent you a PM

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Ok..... Each activity can have it's own language. To me TnT is the Gymnastic sport of Tumbling and Trampoline.

What is TnT in tractor world?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
ahhhh.... ok a Hydraulic Top Link (HTP?) is a TnT

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
That would only be the " top" of the t'n't , the tilt comes when you replace the manual adjust side link with a hydro unit.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

razzle

Equipment
2012 L3800 with backhoe
Jul 4, 2016
Grand Junction, co
New to this board and already thankful for it (got a tip here on restart after out of fuel). I have a 2012 L3800 with backhoe. Using the 3 pt now and am considering Pat's quick hitch. Sounds like those with it have had good experience? Hoping for more comment specific to Pat's.