G1800 deck belt replacement

Nhraracer90

Equipment
G1800
Feb 21, 2016
Gerrardstown,WV
Hello!
I have a G1800 with a 48" deck. I am trying to replace the mower deck belt. I got everything off except the belt around the PTO pump. I tried taking one of the side brackets off but the bolt head is stripped. So I loosened all the bolts on the pump and removed the blade on the bottom and the pump still won't come off. Am I missing something? I also removed the snap ring on the bottom as well but that didn't change anything. Any help would be great! Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hello!
I have a G1800 with a 48" deck. I am trying to replace the mower deck belt. I got everything off except the belt around the PTO pump. I tried taking one of the side brackets off but the bolt head is stripped. So I loosened all the bolts on the pump and removed the blade on the bottom and the pump still won't come off. Am I missing something? I also removed the snap ring on the bottom as well but that didn't change anything. Any help would be great! Thanks!
Lets rule out the obvious......you sure you have the correct belt? Place them side by side from the start? The old one might be a hair longer due to it's age, on another thought, there is NO idle pulley anywhere in the mix? Anyway to upload a picture?:)

davesl708

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, RCK60B-22BX, 5ft. Rototiller, Rear Blade, 4ft Drag Harrow
Feb 24, 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
When dealing with a stripped bolt I have found applying some pressure to the back of the bolt head will help get the threads to grab and let it thread out. I use a putty knife tapped in between the bolt head and the mount bracket then use a wrench or ratchet to turn the bolt. This should get the bolt out and then the belt. You can re-tap the hole and put a insert in or go to a larger bolt size to reinstall.

Delmar

Equipment
G1900 / Kubota BX
Sep 24, 2015
Bluegrass State
Here is a pic of my 48" deck. It's for a G1900, but deck is the same as your G1800.

The gear box (I believe that's what you are calling a "PTO pump") has to be taken apart to get the belt around it. Simplest method is to take loose one of the side supports. Sounds like that is where you have a stripped bolt. Assuming you mean the head is stripped, get a good removal tool (cheap at Sears, box stores, etc.) and replace the bolt.

Since it's probably rounded because it's rusty and "stuck", use penetrating oil liberally and let it work for a day or two. Some heat from a light torch will help, too.

Good luck!

Attachments