I know, it's not a Kubota but I was wearing my Kubota hat
Attachments
-
53.8 KB Views: 621
-
68.3 KB Views: 631
-
55.4 KB Views: 648
I might pay scrap prices for good equipment, don't throw it out yet.I figured you guys would appreciate that little nugget since most all of us like older toys as well as the new ones.
Pat331,
I would have to say that you are right on the money about some peoples strong following of IH heavy equipment. Alot of big construction companies started out with nothing but IH dozers and pans. Back in the day we had 5 dozers like the one I have now and they all came from TVA. Two of them had never even had a blade put on. Instead they had a winch that tracked over the roof and had lift arms in front which carried a concrete bucket back and forth up Raccoon MT. When they finished the job up they sold them of at a auction. Mine is a 1972 model TD9 and only has 600 hrs on the meter. It's kind of slow but it works and runs good. It has a straight shift 5 speed transmission in it, straight 6 turbo and is somewhere around 100 - 110 HP I think.
Handy, I hate to waste a good tree as well but those were just scrap trees and a ton of brush and vines around them.
Sam, those building are on the other side of my farm from where we were at the other day. The far end of that building is where I have started stacking your hay up actually. I have been trying to get all those sheds cleaned out and plan to use them for hay storage. I still have 2 old old old grain drills in there and our IH planter and most of my Cub attachments. I wish I could find somebody that wanted some of that stuff because it's been kept in the dry and is in good shape. I may just have to scrap it to get it out of my way.
I did get down on our fence row today and got it to where a pickup could drive down it from end to end. Might have to move a few small limbs that are growing out of the fence but other than that it turned out pretty good.
Eric, I'm not exactly sure on this but about the time IH was starting to go away from the heavy equipment market is when Dresser came on the seen. Their dozers even shared the same model numbers as the IH dozers did.
You said a mouth full on that one. I really hated to see that happen. IH tractor are not what they used to be to say the least.I bet Jerome Case is rolling in his grave knowing that Case and New Holland mergered.
Handy,Bulldog I would have done same thing and I remember IH dozers cream of the dozers my wifes uncle probably operated that exact dozer if used at racoon mountain. He pulled a lot of lines with those dozers. I remember my dad working on those for companies. when you get time give me a call. handy
Right On, John Deere doesn't make them like the workhorses from the early days!That's all we had when I was growing up was IH equipment. It was very good to us for many years. These new ones don't seem to have the quality that the older one had.
Did you know that JD doesn't even make a tractor under 90 HP any more. Everything under 90HP is built by Yanmar and then has JD sheet metal and color put on them.Right On, John Deere doesn't make them like the workhorses from the early days!
Now, I use it to herd the chickens back to the coop...
AK