L39 hydraulics failed

mcguire farm

Equipment
kubota 2008, L39
Jul 9, 2015
Ontario, canada
I have a 2008 Kubota L39 tractor.
I was digging with my backhoe when I heard a lot of noise and my hydraulics failed completely.
Motor kept running but nothing would move.
moved all levers and nothing would move.
Hydraulic level is good.
Trying to find out what happened.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: Repair

I have a 2008 Kubota L39 tractor.
I was digging with my backhoe when I heard a lot of noise and my hydraulics failed completely.
Motor kept running but nothing would move.
moved all levers and nothing would move.
Hydraulic level is good.
Trying to find out what happened.

sounds like the drive that connects the engine to the pump has quit. Look under and follow the shaft coming from the engine to the pump? only a guess:(

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Re: Repair

Did the sound you heard come from the front of the tractor. I agree with Hokie. I can't think of anything else on that system that would cause that kind of failure/noise while digging. Of course we didn't hear it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Both rentthis and 85Hokie are referring to the main hydraulic pump, but in this case both the main and the secondary pump are under the right side off the mid case, only model that I know driven like that, considering you have lost both movement and loader/backhoe control would suggest that the drive for the pumps has went out.
On other models this could be because it blew the mechanical clutch or because it broke a tooth or shaft on the hydraulic drive, In your case it can only be the drive as the Hydraulic pump is driven separately from the mechanical clutch by shaft #100 in yellow.

Start by pulling the drive off and checking for damage there. ;)

Attachments