Getting Ready to Order BX25D

rbaker

Apr 23, 2015
Geauga, Ohio
Hello everyone, first post.... Getting ready to pull the trigger on a BX25D with 12" bucket, 60" mid mower deck, thumb and 3 point hitch. I''m interested in any must have accessories or advice. Basic digging, picking up rocks and wood and mowing the lawn, but the biggest reason is for snow removal. I have a 200 foot plus driveway with no good place to push the snow. I want to be able to push it into a pile, then pick it up and dump it with the bucket. I've been looking at a rear plow blade to push, then use the front loader bucket to move. Any advice, good or bad is welcome...

Thanks!!!!

Ryan

jimjoe

Equipment
b2601
Apr 21, 2015
brimfield
maybe snowblower better with no place to push. i'm new too, waiting for my b2601, i plan on a snow blade up front ,i have room to push it.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Hy Ryan,
I just acquired the same machine last fall.
As a neighbor with a 100'+ drive I understand your needs.
I am sure you had 120"+ snow as well.
I put on 30+ hours this winter!

I wish I could have included the snow thrower as it was time consuming to pile up the snow.
My neighbor has one and it puts the snow out of the way.
I am working on getting one.

So if you have the ability to get it, DO!

If not you will want shoes for the FEL (front end loader).
I made a set or you can purchase them.
They make it easier to clean snow without digging up a lot of gravel. I used the FEL to get the big stuff and cleaned up with the back blade.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16732

I also made a squeegee that helped a lot as well.
You may not want to push the snow with a back blade.
Others have posted that they bent the 3pt hitch bars backing up into the snow.
I run it backwards and drag the snow into a pile driving forward.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17845

You will be stopping at tractor supply and MFG to look at implements and accessories as you learn what you can do.

If you plan on working in the woods you will also want skid plates for underneath.
There is a plastic fan blade that is vulnerable.

http://www.bro-tek.com/skid_plate/

Ray

Last edited:

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I used a rear blade and bucket for snow 2 winters ago, kind of slow going. Rear blade fills up, turn around and pick up and dump, then get started again. Your touching it twice. Bought the front snowblower and also using rear blade. Quite abit faster even at a slow pace.

Pirahana toothbar from Bxpanded.com is a must. Helps bucket dig x5.
Boxblade is nice if you level any gravel.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
You will also need rops work lights!
The front lights are blocked by the FEL.
And it gets dark here by 5 in the winter.
I put on 4 led, 2 front, 2 back and they light up everything great!

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
You will also need rops work lights!
The front lights are blocked by the FEL.
And it gets dark here by 5 in the winter.
I put on 4 led, 2 front, 2 back and they light up everything great!
Amen on the ROPS lights. My bucket and grapple nearly totally block the head lamps. I've got two LED's mounted on the inside of the ROPS midway up the side. Would have gotten a back one too, but already had a Kubota light. I'm telling you they light things up!

Got mine from www.ropslights.com They are made specifically for your tractor, have everything you need and install in about 15 minutes. Ordered on Monday got them on Thursday, they come from Canada. They followed up with an email to make sure you are happy. You can piece out a set for less money, but if you don't have the time, want first rate quality and one that's easy to install these guys are hard to beat.

Attachments

Last edited:

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
A couple inches of snow is easy with the loader , a little slow , but it works . Depends on how clean you want it . The front blower was a must have for me as my drive is almost 200yds long , plus the parking area and other paths I do . I am slow glad I did . Tried with the front loader and it was so much more work . You may want one .
Using your machine is a learning curve that you will learn . We can tell you how to do this or that , but till you actually do it it won't make sense (as far as digging and such) .
Number one thing for getting used to your machine is SLOW AND CAREFULL !! Its not a big machine ,,,,, but can a lot of damage if you're not care full , especially yo yourself .
For attachments, I would go with the pirrahna bar for the loader . Wheel spacers . Lights for the ROPS . And bxexpanded's kit for bumping up the hydraulic pressure .
Other than that be safe , use common sense , and be careful .

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
A couple inches of snow is easy with the loader , a little slow , but it works . Depends on how clean you want it . The front blower was a must have for me as my drive is almost 200yds long , plus the parking area and other paths I do . I am slow glad I did . Tried with the front loader and it was so much more work . You may want one .
Using your machine is a learning curve that you will learn . We can tell you how to do this or that , but till you actually do it it won't make sense (as far as digging and such) .
Number one thing for getting used to your machine is SLOW AND CAREFULL !! Its not a big machine ,,,,, but can a lot of damage if you're not care full , especially yo yourself .
For attachments, I would go with the pirrahna bar for the loader . Wheel spacers . Lights for the ROPS . And bxexpanded's kit for bumping up the hydraulic pressure .
Other than that be safe , use common sense , and be careful .

DOUBLE ditto ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ WHAT HE SAID! :D:)

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
If they still have the 0% interest deal, you might want to get a few items from the dealer, and have them installed. I have a BX25D also, and picked up the backhoe thumb, rubber hoe feet, and front quick loader with the 60" (hydraulic, angle snow blade). The blade works awesome for snow, but I have acreage to push it onto. The snowblower might be a good option for you.(and the snow blower and front hydro blade use the same mount) Ask your dealer for what options you may need, or he can recommend. You should probably get the block heater also, it installs easy. I got a full compliment of filters, fluids too.
You will love the piranha tooth bar, and rear wheel spacers are great, and a must if you wish to run chains in the winter. I picked up a 20" LED light bar on EBAY with wiring and switch for under $100 delivered, and it puts out a blinding amount of light. You will love your new toy! Welcome to OTT

Martywoodburner

Equipment
BX 2670-1, 60 MMM, FEL, Back Blade, Front mount Snowblower
Apr 17, 2015
Kirtland Hills, OH
Welcome to orange !
Ditto all the other posts...
I too was debating how best to manage the snow after this past winter.
I had used an atv to plow with and ran out of room to push to.
Problem solved .... Traded in the atv and zero turn for a new BX 2670 with 60" MMM , rear blade, FEL , and the snowblower.
Got the piranha tooth bar with forks, under armor, hooks and hitch from bxpanded. Grill guard on order from Fab Works.
I've only had it for a week but already don't know why I waited so long to get it and how I've done without it.

Best of luck on your decision !

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A 200 foot driveway with no place to push - definitely a snowblower!

I have a front-mount on my BX2360, and it does a good job.

Much better to move it once!:cool:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Gator repellant :D:D:cool:
It must work I have never seen a gator in the river, but plenty of ice and snow.

A rear blade would not roll the snow off a driveway for snow removal, but it works great with a front snow blower. You can drag the snow away from areas where you don't want to the use the snow blower (near the house and garage). If you turn the blade around or replace the cutting edge with rubber you can avoid damage to sidewalks driveways and lawns.

Larry

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The wheel spacers will set the wheels out a little more there fore adding to the stability of the tractor,,
so you have a wider track (),,,,,,() vs (),,,,,,,,,,,,,()

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Doesn't that stress the axles? Does that void the warranty?

no it does not do either....but it is like cheap life and short(s) insurance!:D:)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
85 is right on, and also if you fill the tires or add wheel weights, don't let anyone tell you that it puts undue weight pressure or wear on your axels, it wont

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Don't forget to get some hooks for your front end loader (FEL).

You will find them very useful when carrying loads that might fall out of the bucket.