First Time Orange

skyking256

Equipment
BX 2370-1
Mar 25, 2015
Boiling Springs, NC
Well I did it, bought a new BX 2370-1 with FEL, MMM, and rear blade for my new mini farm, just took delivery last weekend. After careful consideration of other makes and dealership helpfulness, I went orange, I must say I never really wanted anything else. The 2370-1 is a non-dpf in case anyone was wondering. And of course after reading the forums for months, I called Barlow Tractor after several quotes from the local dealers. Several dealers never replied or ever followed up with a call, go figure?
I couldn't be happier with my first new KUBOTA tractor, just the size I needed and does everything I want for $1000+ bucks cheaper then anyone else. That 1000 bucks is going to a bush hog as soon as time permits with other projects.
Thanks to the forum for all the good posts and information.
John

Attachments

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Well I did it, bought a new BX 2370-1 with FEL, MMM, and rear blade for my new mini farm, just took delivery last weekend. After careful consideration of other makes and dealership helpfulness, I went orange, I must say I never really wanted anything else. The 2370-1 is a non-dpf in case anyone was wondering. And of course after reading the forums for months, I called Barlow Tractor after several quotes from the local dealers. Several dealers never replied or ever followed up with a call, go figure?
I couldn't be happier with my first new KUBOTA tractor, just the size I needed and does everything I want for $1000+ bucks cheaper then anyone else. That 1000 bucks is going to a bush hog as soon as time permits with other projects.
John
Welcome to OTT. You're going to be mighty happy with that BX. When your on it, that smile will never leave your face. :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
John
Sky,

let me spend some of that 1000.00 for you .....

Piranha tooth bar......

Rear spacers .......

Lights on ROPS......

THAT will be almost as fun as buying orange!

AND congrats on your new machine !!! Everyday you are on it - you ask yourself - how the hell I do without it ???:D:)

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Sky,

let me spend some of that 1000.00 for you .....

Piranha tooth bar......

Rear spacers .......

Lights on ROPS......

THAT will be almost as fun as buying orange!

AND congrats on your new machine !!! Everyday you are on it - you ask yourself - how the hell I do without it ???:D:)
Yep, Hokie nailed it. Welcome to the Orange John! WooDoggy you gonna like it!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
John,

Welcome!

GREAT choice. Have fun and be safe.

Oh, and four little pieces of advice:

Don't.
Loan.
It.
Out!

:) Ray

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Your going to find thing that need to be done that you never knew needed to be done in the first place,,,, ENJOY and welcome:D

Martywoodburner

Equipment
BX 2670-1, 60 MMM, FEL, Back Blade, Front mount Snowblower
Apr 17, 2015
Kirtland Hills, OH
John
Congrats on your decision!
I'm new here as well, awaiting delivery of my BX 2670-1

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
This place is starting to feel like and Orange Baby nursery! Congrats to Martywoodburner to!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And every one grows up to be a full blown orange lover,,lol

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
The accessories make it yours. Also think of underbelly plate as well to protect the little white plastic fan blades.

skyking256

Equipment
BX 2370-1
Mar 25, 2015
Boiling Springs, NC
Thanks everyone for the hardy welcome and the good suggestions. First accessory is going to be underbelly protection, afraid of some brush poking into the fan. Next I need a bush hog to tame the briars and clean up years of neglect. Always fun buying a foreclosure, there is always something to do. And yes, it will not be loaned out except with me in the seat.

jimjoe

Equipment
b2601
Apr 21, 2015
brimfield
nice, i'm sure your going to keep smiling.i just bought one too have to wait 2 weeks for it, is still in crate b2601 with fel and backhoe:)

Rign14

Equipment
Kubota L3301DT with loader and backhoe
Jun 3, 2017
Brooksville Ky. USA
Not my first time orange, but wanted to give a shout out to Barlow Equipment. I worked awhile trying to get quotes, local Kubota dealer NEVER emailed back even tried LS Tractors, same thing no reply. Contacted Barlow Equipment couple hundred miles away. Received instance reply, worked out several different packages, finally settled on an L3301DT with FEL and Backhoe. Should be delivered in about 2 weeks. First Kubota I owned about 20 years ago a B7100DT. Loved it, ran like a champ. Bought it used, ran it for about 6 years and sold it. Other than routeen maintenance all I ever did to it was front tie rod replaced twice and rebuilt the transmission. The L3301DT will serve alone side my Ford 1710.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
May I make one suggestion for your first additional purchase?
If you plan to do much (or any) FEL work get a ballast box. It's not a big investment and it keeps the tractor much more stable when using the FEL. It takes some weight off of the front axle and you will notice the difference immediately.
And have fun.